Mass Effect

AcidCrownie

Andromeda  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan to get Mass Effect Andromeda?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe, I need to see more
    • Already have it preordered
  2. 2. If you are getting Andromeda, what system will you play it on?

• Playstation 4
    • Xbox One
    • PC
    • I'm delusional and think I'll be able to get it on Switch

Hey, I said scrubtalk and it's the same line of thought. You think it's stupid when someone says something like that to you when it applies to something you do but it's the same thing here that you're doing to me.

I'll pick the class because I know I can do all that cool stuff with other characters and because I like the class. Just like you would pick cody because maybe you like shotos or something. Doesn't mean I can't be open to other classes you know, just like I'm going to assume you don't JUST play cody. Or shotos.

It's not like I think you shouldn't be allowed to play Soldier, or anything. I just feel like you're cheating yourself out of fun. That's my point. If you tried the other classes, and found Soldier to be the most enjoyable, I have no problem with that- whatever you enjoy. It's just that I'm positive tons of people just went straight for Soldier, and that depresses me.

Might as well ask here. Has anyone else got the Kasumi DLC? Is it worth it?

She doesn't have the level of interaction that a regular character does- think Zaeed, a couple of objects in the room that she'll comment on, but no dialogue tree. That said, she has a good personality, her missions are fun, and the SMG you get during the mission is just DELICIOUS.

Hey, I said scrubtalk and it's the same line of thought. You think it's stupid when someone says something like that to you when it applies to something you do but it's the same thing here that you're doing to me.

I'll pick the class because I know I can do all that cool stuff with other characters and because I like the class. Just like you would pick cody because maybe you like shotos or something. Doesn't mean I can't be open to other classes you know, just like I'm going to assume you don't JUST play cody. Or shotos.

It's not like I think you shouldn't be allowed to play Cody/sHOTOS, or anything. I just feel like you're cheating yourself out of fun. That's my point. If you tried the other classes, and found Cody/Shotos to be the most enjoyable, I have no problem with that- whatever you enjoy. It's just that I'm positive tons of people just went straight for Cody/Shotos, and that depresses me.

Might as well ask here. Has anyone else got the Kasumi DLC? Is it worth it?

She doesn't have the level of interaction that a regular character does- think Zaeed, a couple of objects in the room that she'll comment on, but no dialogue tree. That said, she has a good personality, her missions are fun, and the SMG you get during the mission is just DELICIOUS.

Do you see what I am saying/Why I made the comparison now?

so..where was she confirmed? also im just guessing here but 3 probably takes off right after 2 considering what happens in the very last few seconds of 2, what they show you in deep space. that's...not especially long to just get over something like that. well it is in shepard land where everyone falls for you i guess!

in any case, where was she confirmed for 3?

Whoa, people used Soldier in ME1? I tried it out, and I just can't use b/c honestly, the shooting is pretty lackluster in ME1. I think powers are much more important in that game.

Also, I did all of my previous playthroughs in ME1 on Veteran. I'm doing one on Hardcore now, and it definitely seems a bit harder than ME2.

Soldier was my favourite in ME1. People said soldiers were boring but I dunno, I just felt instead of the 'futuristic super powers' feeling that biotics game you, soldier gave you a 'futuristic combat soldier' feeling which was still awesome.

I'm excited for ME3 but for me the second was a step backwards in many areas, mainly things like skills and weapons/armour. I'm not holding my breath, but if they can fuse the polish of 2 with the expanded mechanics of 1, 3 could turn out really great.

Played as a soldier in ME1, but switched to Vanguard for ME2.

This video is what made me want to switch

Biotic Charge turned out to be both incredibly useful and very badass!

Also, a friend of mine recently upgraded his PC and has been playing through ME1 and 2, and he keeps complaining about the Husks being a huge pain in his ass.

That made me remember how easy they were to deal with in ME2 thanks to Biotic Throw. Once maxed out they rarely, if ever, reached me. B)

@Ethan:

1:10 mark for comparison.

You guys should really play these games more than once.

I played through the first 7 times. The second ... twice. Not nearly as replayable IMO.

I feel the opposite. There is so much more to do and so many more characters in the second one that I still plan on playing through it 4-5 more times. ME1...meh. I think the lack of polish hurts it for me.

EDIT: Sorry for the double poast.

So, Mass Effect 2 for PS3 runs on the Mass Effect 3 engine it seems?

http://www.examiner.com/video-game-news-in-national/bioware-using-mass-effect-3-engine-for-playstation-3-version-of-mass-effect-2

edit: I don't now for everyone else, but when I follow the above link, there's a pop-up on the side that hilariously links to an old article from february 2010 titled "BioWare dismisses Mass Effect 2 Playstation 3 port rumors" :lol:

Also, comparison vid with the 360 version.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2010/12/16/mass-effect-2-meeting-jacob?objectid=14235018

It really does look better to me.