Mass Effect

AcidCrownie

Andromeda  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan to get Mass Effect Andromeda?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe, I need to see more
    • Already have it preordered
  2. 2. If you are getting Andromeda, what system will you play it on?

• Playstation 4
    • Xbox One
    • PC
    • I'm delusional and think I'll be able to get it on Switch

The full music team for Mass Effect 3 just got revealed. It looks incredible.

• Clint Mansell, Golden Globe nominatedHollywood composer recognized for scoring celebrated films including Black Swan, The Wrestler and Requiem for a Dream.

• Christopher Lennertz, Emmy nominated Hollywood composer known for his work on the recent movie Horrible Bosses, also composed Mass Effect 2: Overlord, Mass Effect 2: Lair of the Shadow Broker, and won the Interactive Academy Award for Medal of Honor.

• Cris Velasco, known for composing the God of War series’ score, has also worked on downloadable content Mass Effect 2: Kasumi and Mass Effect 2: Arrival.

• Sam Hulick, veteran to the Mass Effect series having composed the score for Mass Effect, Mass Effect: Bring Down the Sky and Mass Effect 2.

• Sascha Dikiciyan, video game industry veteran, known for composing the score for TRON: Evolution and the scores of Mass Effect 2: Kasumi and Mass Effect 2: Arrival.

This was the music snippit included with the music team reveal. You can hear a bit of the ME2 theme/Suicide Mission theme towards the end there.

http://na.llnet.bioware.cdn.ea.com/u/f/eagames/bioware/masseffect3/resources/assets/home/me3-music_press_release.mp3

Edited by Vargras

• 3 weeks later...

I kinda really want the CE of Mass Effect 3 but I'm a bit miffed that the PC price is exactly the same as the console ones. I mean, there's no real reason why it shouldn't be, but you come to expect PC games to be a little cheaper.

True, but you're still getting a lot of content compared to the price. It's been one of the few Collector's Editions I've seen over the past few years that has actually looked like it's been worth buying.

Well, it's nice having some extra stuff but I've got a lot of this sort of thing in LEs before for £15-20 less. Plus, it just feels a bit wrong paying so much extra for little digital extras.

The main part is probably that I've never spent £70 on a game before, no matter how much I like it or the series. :wacko:

It's £70* for the collector's edition? That is a ripoff, it's only $80 for us.

*According to Google £70 = $110.

At least it wasn't the TOR Collector's Edition. That thing was... what? 130 bucks?

Part of the reason why I even wanted the ME3 CE was the art book and the soundtrack. The rest was just bonus stuff.

http://gamingbolt.com/origin-is-required-for-all-pc-editions-of-mass-effect-3

Origin needed for all versions of Mass Effect 3, retail, digital, collectors, etc. (Is it worth pointing out my last 2 copies of ME are retail n therefore came with nothing) Thing is Origin still provides jack shit reason to make it a compulsory service to tie in. At least Steam has Steamworks, server browser, cloud saves, achievements etc. Origin has none of those, it's a downloader and store front. But I'm using a disc based game so what am I needing to download or buy? Bleurgh. (Not that Biowares store stuff was much better mind, at least Origin doesn't have a shitty MS points style system that Bioware adopted for DLC on PC)

http://social.bioware.com/page/me2-dlc

As I said, it all ran through Bioware and they have a points based system.

But that's ME2, ME3 might use Origin rather than Bioware's system.

I know that's ME2, was giving example :P

Either way would be retarded. It's either making Origin a forced thing with ME3 and not running anything through it. Or having ME and ME2 (as well as DA:O n DA2) have their DLC through Biowares site, then with ME3 making it require DLC purchasing through Origin.

'Steam has adopted a set of restrictive terms of service which limit how developers interact with customers to deliver patches and other downloadable content.'

Read as: 'Steam allows PC users to buy DLC at discounted prices during sales. Potentially, people could be paying half price for two-year-old DLC. THE MADNESS!'

'Steam has adopted a set of restrictive terms of service which limit how developers interact with customers to deliver patches and other downloadable content.'

Read as: 'Steam allows PC users to buy DLC at discounted prices during sales. Potentially, people could be paying half price for two-year-old DLC. THE MADNESS!'

Thing is, Valve can't put EA's content on sale if they don't want them to.

I think it has more to do with them not wanting to give a cut to Valve. Also, I heard something about Valve requiring that DLC for a game be available through Steam, essentially forcing them to do so. I have no idea if the last part is bs or not, though, but it does kind of make sense when you consider that both Dragon Age 2 and Crysis 2 disappeared from Steam right around the time their first DLC came out.

But remember that ME2 is still on Steam and its DLC is not. That's actually the thing that's kept me from buying ME1 & 2 when they've been $5 on the Steam sale. I'd like to have them on PC but I don't want to have to buy the DLC again.

*Edit* - I just realized I haven't played a game on console since Skyward Sword and I probably won't until ME3.

Edited by TheMightyEthan