Mass Effect

AcidCrownie

Andromeda  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan to get Mass Effect Andromeda?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe, I need to see more
    • Already have it preordered
  2. 2. If you are getting Andromeda, what system will you play it on?

• Playstation 4
    • Xbox One
    • PC
    • I'm delusional and think I'll be able to get it on Switch

That's true, but it's possible Valve added that requirement in the last couple of years, after they realized EA insists on selling their DLC outside of Steam. At least that would be my guess.

The requirement was supposedly added the time when they added the F2P section too. I doubt it was an act against EA (who afaik is still their publishing partner on console) since there's many other games with external DLC stores. I do want to see what this change in TOS was cos other Bioware games are still sold, and their DLC is gotten through the Bioware site, but DA2 was taken down. So I'd assume it's not a TOS purely against external DLC services but some new addition to how EA titles deal with DLC. But I've no experience with DA2 or Crysis 2(at least in legit forms) to know what was changed in the sequels.

Yeah, I wasn't suggesting that they added it solely because of EA.

As for older games still being available, it's not that far-fetched to assume that it might only apply to current (as in games that still have DLC scheduled) and new releases going forward and not to previously available games with no new content on the way.

But yeah, no way to know for sure. I'm also really curious about what exactly happened there.

I have a concern about ME3. When I bought Dragon Age II, I originally was going to buy it digitally from EA (before Origin) because I had a good coupon from their store, but they told me that the steam version of Dragon Age: Origins could not transfer its save into the EA version of Dragon Age II.

Now, for those of us who had Mass Effect 1 and/or 2 from Steam, Mass Effect 3 will have to be from Origin. Wouldn't that mean that your save won't be compatible if you bought the first two games from Steam?

Now, for those of us who had Mass Effect 1 and/or 2 from Steam, Mass Effect 3 will have to be from Origin. Wouldn't that mean that your save won't be compatible if you bought the first two games from Steam?

That sounds like a very good question. One definitely worth asking them.

That's something I'm wondering too. I picked up ME1 and 2 on Steam in a recent sale in order to get a PC save for ME3, and I might be a little peeved if that save can't cross over to ME3. Enough to not buy ME3, for sure.

Although, if there are xbox to PC converters out there, I have some faith that there'll be one for PC to PC.

• Like 1

I don't think Origin necessarily has to play nice with Steam for it to work. IIRC Mass Effect saves are located at %username%/My Documents/My Games/Mass Effect/ That save location has nothing to do with Steam, and there's no reason to think that the saves in it are Steam specific either, so there's no reason to think that an Origin version of ME3 wouldn't be able to use them.

Taken from: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/01/18/mass-effect-3-demo-lands-in-february.aspx

The Reaper invasion is almost here, and you can get a peek at what's in store for your in Mass Effect 3 when the game's demo hits in February.

On February 14 (Valentine's Day), you can download the demo for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC and experience single-player (which drops you in during the Reaper attack on Earth) and co-op multiplayer slices of the game. You can even try out the title's Kinect functionality, assuming you have the peripheral of course.

In respect to the co-op mode in the demo, gamers will be able to try it out on February 17 – unless they've already qualified for early access, in which case they can play the co-op on the 14th. How do you qualify for early access? By activating your Battlefield 3 online pass or via other as-yet-unannounced methods which EA says it will reveal in the near future on www.masseffect.com.

For more on Mass Effect 3's use of Kinect voice commands, take a look at Bertz's hands-on preview.

• 2 weeks later...

New multiplayer trailer is out. I've compiled the full list of playable races below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h254YRtQoJU

Playable Multiplayer Races

-Human

-Quarian

-Drell

-Turian

-Asari

-Krogan

-Salarian

Every race has access to multiple classes as well, so the abilities listed aren't necessarily the full list.

Edited by Vargras

No Sassy Elcor warrior, no deal.

Human Soldier: They have 50 men for every soldier of ours. Their soldiers are not even rookies, they're full on killing motherfucking ass cleaving machines of death. Our soldiers can barely handle a gun. Our only hope is to get information out of them, but I don't know if I can simply beat it out of them.

Sassy Elcor Soldier: Cheeky- Funny, that is what your mother said last night

Human Soldier: OOOOOOO YOU!