Mass Effect

AcidCrownie

Andromeda  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan to get Mass Effect Andromeda?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe, I need to see more
    • Already have it preordered
  2. 2. If you are getting Andromeda, what system will you play it on?

• Playstation 4
    • Xbox One
    • PC
    • I'm delusional and think I'll be able to get it on Switch

It annoys me that voice commands is a "Kinect Feature". It's total balls. No reason that PS3 and PC couldn't also have it, also no reason that Xbox users couldn't have it work through the headset. Pointless (and crap) feature to go with the equally pointless "most important peripheral ever that has changed the way we play games"... blah blah blah.

• Like 3

I know who she is, thanks, Dean. Just an odd inclusion.

T-Next, I have heard the argument that Kinect has built-in codecs which make it easier to develop the feature, plus I assume Microsoft is throwing them a little extra money/support. Not saying I agree with the practice but the feature doesn't concern me, and hopefully it didn't have an effect on overall development, so I'm not too bothered.

I agree TNext, and I thought the same thing about the Kinect features in Halo: Anniversary.

*Edit* - Just watched the trailer. Why is Liara pointing a gun at a hologram of the Illusive Man? :laugh:

Edited by TheMightyEthan

I'm also really glad they improved the hologram visuals, the ones in ME2 looked like shit, especially when you were allowed to move around because they didn't shift right with the environment. They were obviously just sprites pasted over the screen, and I thought we'd moved past that.

Chobot looks haggered compared to how cute she was when she first appeared a few years ago. Looks like she's got some work done, or a bit too much partying... or both.

Not that I care one way or another, as I've mentioned before, the girl IGN replaced her with is a much better personality. But when you make your name by seductively licking a gaming console, you leave yourself open for these kinds of criticisms. Especially when you're HORRIBLY FUCKING OBNOXIOUS.

Edited by TheCowboyPoet

I hope they eventually show Yvonne and the rest of the cast showing their side. I mean we're about a month away from the release of the game and we have almost no info on it.

You gotta give it to Bioware, they haven't told us shit about the game. Like at all. The Plot Leak has been pretty much subdued at this point.

With Mass Effect 3 they've been pushing the advertisement of femshep. We had the contest to find her new look, the first time she's part of a gamebox, and now all these advertisements and articles on her and her voice actor.

I honestly can't give a fuck about her. I'm sorry to those that actually use a femshep, I see that you like it, but we're supposed to cater to the grand majority not the minimum. I can't remember the chart that showed how many people play with broshep vs femshep, but the difference was decently big that we should've gotten some broshep voice actor time.

• Like 1

You know, I feel kinda bad now. We've all spent so much time ragging on James Vega, but Freddie Prinze Jr. has actually seemed really enthusiastic about the voice work he's been doing. The guy loves doing what he's been doing.

...and compared to Jessica Chabot's character? James Vega seems amazing. At least he seems to have more personality than Jacob Taylor (lolol).

I honestly can't give a fuck about her. I'm sorry to those that actually use a femshep, I see that you like it, but we're supposed to cater to the grand majority not the minimum. I can't remember the chart that showed how many people play with broshep vs femshep, but the difference was decently big that we should've gotten some broshep voice actor time.

I can't say I like her either but I figure, if they already have the brosheps onboard, they might as well do something for the femsheppers.

• Like 1

I think the problem with Jacob is that he was more of a lead-in from that mobile or whatever game. If they'd bothered to explore a bit of the past relationship with Miranda or something like that, it would've been a bit more interesting.

From what I've seen of Vega, it seems a bit more effort has been put in (punch-up with Shepard...will this be for male and female?).

Edited by Hot Heart

Easy: Liara. I picked Liara in my main ME1 playthrough cause she was the best of limited options, but man they made her so much more awesome in ME2. Now I have no qualms about her.

Also, Ashley becomes less racist throughout ME1, at least if you romance her.

Well, Jack is horribly unlikeable. I was glad when she died on my first playthrough. Tali is nice, but what does she look like under that suit?!?!? Liara looks like she could be slimey... and how does it work with her species, if there's no males... what does that mean for DOWN THERE?? I don't want to find out...... the hard way.....

I picked Ashley in ME1 and Miranda in both my 360 and my current PS3 save. While I don't like her going on about how perfect she is all the time, she does in a way that, well, I approve of. I'll probably just romance her.

She goes on about how perfect she is, because she was literally genetically designed to be perfect. Later on in the game when you romance her she doesn't talk like at fucking all about how perfect she is until the storming the base mission when she mentions she has been trained to lead others.

Both her character and Ashley's evolve throughout the game. The difference is that [as of right now] only Ashley had to COMPLETELY redesign herself to even compete against Miranda. I never romanced Tali because I need to know what's behind that mask.