Mass Effect

AcidCrownie

Andromeda  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan to get Mass Effect Andromeda?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe, I need to see more
    • Already have it preordered
  2. 2. If you are getting Andromeda, what system will you play it on?

• Playstation 4
    • Xbox One
    • PC
    • I'm delusional and think I'll be able to get it on Switch

PROBABLY. She's a journalist. My Shepard is a dog, and punches journalists in the face. Unless Miranda is completely absent and Ashley has something wrong with her character, I'll ignore Chobot. I've never had a raging hard-on for her since I was never a big IGN or G4 fan.

For me it's not that she's unattractive per se, but that the way they digitally rendered her (at least in that picture) is off-putting. Her actual face is not off-putting in the same way. But ultimately I don't care about them having her in the game, either positively or negatively.

Seth Green and Martin Sheen are it for VAs in ME that I actually know of in other roles. Oh I guess Freddie Prince Jr in ME3 too. And Claudia Blacks cameo in ME2.

My main issue of Chobot being in ME is just the conflict of interest. Bit like Famitsu being in Peace Walker. Don't much care what she looks like, I'll be going with the Quarian again anyway. (Should I end up buying the game, currently undecided on that one)

And her butt.

DAT ASS!

But yeah, I also think Miranda's face in the game is weird looking, though it's not off-putting like Chobot's is. IRL I think Miranda's voice actress looks great, and while I wouldn't say she's amazing Chobot certainly isn't ugly, nor is she off-putting like the game character is. I think trying to make faces look like real people just isn't there yet, at least as far as making them attractive goes.

PROBABLY. She's a journalist. My Shepard is a dog, and punches journalists in the face. Unless Miranda is completely absent and Ashley has something wrong with her character, I'll ignore Chobot. I've never had a raging hard-on for her since I was never a big IGN or G4 fan.

I just find it odd that you're weighing any decision based on who their VA is. I mean that one dude is voiced by Freddie Prinze Jr...

Well she's being put in the game as a journalist. She'll be the Kelly what's-her-face of this game, I'm more interested in party members and big characters.

I'm not giving absolutes, I'm just saying probably. I don't have a problem with Chobot, but unless I have to deal with her as a party member I probs mcgots won't be interested.

Has Chobot ever done a review for IGN? I wouldn't watch G4, but I've never seen her do any writing. She simply reads what's on the teleprompter. I don't really think that makes it a conflict of interest. Maybe if IGN/G4 appointed her to write the review, then yes.

I linked it a few pages back but here's her preview (Seems Gregg didn't understand why I was linking it :P). IGN does have a disclaimer of "Chobot will not be involved of our coverage of Mass Effect 3". Not that this seems to count.

I'm actually curious on why out of all the actors and professional VA out there Bioware went n picked someone from G4/IGN. Be fun to hear their reasoning. Especially since from what I've being hearing she's pretty cruddy as far as acting goes, and her talents pretty much reside in having tits (and a tongue with which to lick PSPs).

• Like 1

I linked it a few pages back but here's her preview (Seems Gregg didn't understand why I was linking it :P).

I was at work at the time so wasn't really getting too deep into anything. I saw the thing about conflict of interest but all I knew was 'she presents some videogame stuff', I had no idea she had been doing her own previews. Then when I was home I could see the giant internet hissyfit.

How is that a conflict of interest? A preview is just that, a preview, no judgement is passed on it. The only way you could argue that is if she writes the review herself.

Also, what preview is this?

No judgement passed? Really? Previews are always hype building. Yeah, they don't give it a score like in a review, but it's still a conflict. Anyone associated with a piece of news, whatever the kind, should not try to cover it as a journalist. The fact that this is even considered okay by anyone in the industry kind of shows one of the problems with games journalism.

What's worse: Kristine Steimer gives Dragon Age 2 a very high score (for a lousy game). Shortly after leaves IGN for Bioware. Hmmm....

Compared to that, Chobot showing us how the Kinect works, doesn't really bother me... at all.

Edited by TheCowboyPoet

What's worse: Kristine Steimer gives Dragon Age 2 a very high score (for a lousy game). Shortly after leaves IGN for Bioware. Hmmm....

Compared to that, Chobot showing us how the Kinect works, doesn't really bother me... at all.

And right now people are being oppressed and murdered by their own governments. Compared to that, nothing in any kind of news organization matters one bit, so no one should ever criticize anything other than the worst thing happening at that specific moment.

• Like 2