Mass Effect

AcidCrownie

Andromeda  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan to get Mass Effect Andromeda?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe, I need to see more
    • Already have it preordered
  2. 2. If you are getting Andromeda, what system will you play it on?

• Playstation 4
    • Xbox One
    • PC
    • I'm delusional and think I'll be able to get it on Switch

Saw that a few days ago. Really hope they just kept some back to avoid spoilers. Disappointing if not.

I mean, we know some old faces will make appearances as temporary squadmates (and what about DLC characters?), so would you not be able to command them without Kinect? Or do they not even technically join your squad?

Saw that a few days ago. Really hope they just kept some back to avoid spoilers. Disappointing if not.

I mean, we know some old faces will make appearances as temporary squadmates (and what about DLC characters?), so would you not be able to command them without Kinect? Or do they not even technically join your squad?

You'll be able to command any of them without Kinect. It's optional.

I'm not sure myself if this is the final list, but I found it odd that they would release this for the demo and mention Ashley/Kaidan, James, and Tali. Only Liara and Garrus are usable in the demo, so why mention the others?

I think he meant "would you not be able to command [the one-mission squad members] with Kinect?"

Actually, an easy way to test is for someone with Kinect to try ordering Anderson around in the first level of the demo.

Edited by TheMightyEthan

We saw Mordin in the trailer but he didn't look like a squad member, it'd be really great if some of the Mass Effect 2 people were main squad members, maybe a Miranda or Jacob or even Legion, who got frustratingly low screen time.

I laughed.

I've kinda split my stuff over two threads now (d'oh), but I was a Soldier in a group with an Adept, a Sentinel and an Engineer.

From the numbers at the end of the game, it seems an Adept suffers a lot from being a support class. Or at least that's how the guy I was with played (dude invited me but I have no idea who he was. JackSprat301 or something). He was doing a good job but not getting a lot of exp from the kills and such.

Edited by Hot Heart

I was really impressed by the multiplayer. My only concern is that they didn't fix the Sentinel class- it still plays like shit, weak and not fun to use.

Other than that, though, I can see myself putting a lot of time into the game. Not bad, Bioware.

I was really impressed by the multiplayer. My only concern is that they didn't fix the Sentinel class- it still plays like shit, weak and not fun to use.

Other than that, though, I can see myself putting a lot of time into the game. Not bad, Bioware.

Really? I found that Sentinel actually hits quite hard now, especially after you upgrade Warp and Overload. Shields and barriers are an absolute joke to me now.

Hrmmm. Maybe I've been misinvesting my points? My main issue, though, is their primary power- yes, Warp works well and Overload does the job, but those are tools that other classes have. The only tool that Sentinel has exclusively is the armor, and I feel like I don't notice any real reduction in damage when it's active, and it takes TWO cooldowns to use the AoE effect, which is stupid.

Hrmmm. Maybe I've been misinvesting my points? My main issue, though, is their primary power- yes, Warp works well and Overload does the job, but those are tools that other classes have. The only tool that Sentinel has exclusively is the armor, and I feel like I don't notice any real reduction in damage when it's active, and it takes TWO cooldowns to use the AoE effect, which is stupid.

I'll admit, I did like it more in ME2 when it set itself off it your shields were broken (instead of you having to manually detonate). I still haven't noticed too many issues with the class, though.

The only part I didn't like about the Sentinel was the lack of crowd control. If I have teammates backing me up, I can take anything down. Scoped Carnifex headshots are fantastic for taking out Guardians (and everything else). Not being able to roll as a turian still bums me out though.

Edited by jimmuhpage

Yeah, I don't like the random unlocks. Turian Sentinel is the only non-human class I've unlocked (and is actually the only non-default class I've unlocked period).

@SixTwoSixFour: I've been doing great with my Sentinel, and while yes other classes have warp and overload, only the Sentinel has both, and that's a deadly combination. And I've just been leaving my tech armor on all the time, once you upgrade your powers to have reduced cool-down it's not too bad, I can use a power, unload my SMG, and by the time I'm ready to reload my cooldown's over and I can use a power again.

Something interesting I've noticed - while some non-human characters seem incapable of rolling, it looks like they usually make up for that by having higher shield or health totals. My turian sentinel has a shield total over 900, and I know krogan soldiers can easily have shield totals over 1000. Human characters can't come close to that.

@HH: Yeah, I want Krogan Soldier too. Seriously, give me the ability to spend 100k credits to unlock it, I will be all over that.

*Edit* - @Vargras: Yeah, I can't roll on my Turian Sentinel.

Edited by TheMightyEthan

Last night, a buddy of mine unlocked both krogan soldier and asari adept. Jealous does not begin to describe my state of mind last night.

One thing I noticed about the lack of rolls in turians and krogan is that while turians storm slower than humans, krogan have ridiculous health and shields AND run faster than even drell.

EDIT: Oh, and while turians can at least roll from cover to cover, krogan can't.

Edited by jimmuhpage

Last night, a buddy of mine unlocked both krogan soldier and asari adept. Jealous does not begin to describe my state of mind last night.

One thing I noticed about the lack of rolls in turians and krogan is that while turians storm slower than humans, krogan have ridiculous health and shields AND run faster than even drell.

EDIT: Oh, and while turians can at least roll from cover to cover, krogan can't.

Krogan heavy melee makes them charge a bit too. They've got a longer range on theirs.