Mass Effect

AcidCrownie

Andromeda  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan to get Mass Effect Andromeda?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe, I need to see more
    • Already have it preordered
  2. 2. If you are getting Andromeda, what system will you play it on?

• Playstation 4
    • Xbox One
    • PC
    • I'm delusional and think I'll be able to get it on Switch

Well, I can play as many times as I like with one import, since it lets you switch class. I'm just unsure which I'd go for first. I stuck with Vanguard in ME2 because I figured "Yeah, let's stay faithful...to the class?" but I don't think I played it very effectively; I only died twice on Normal, but spent most my time head-shotting with a Carnfiex. I guess I'd do alright on Normal but I think I want to try Hardcore. Then again, I could save that for a second run. Agh, I don't know!

Vanguard has an ability called Nova that, if it works on SP the same way as it does on MP, essentially makes you invulnerable to all enemies except the ones who can assassinate you at close range, and turrets, if there are more than a couple in the area. Essentially, you have to level up your class so that Biotic Charge refills your barriers 100% and Nova only uses up 50% of your barriers. Since Nova only runs on barrier, there's no cooldown for it. Use small weapons and Biotic Charge will have cooled by the time you're done with the second Nova.

Biotic Charge, Nova, Nova, repeat.

It's how I got my Vanguard class to level 20 in the demo. Lot of fun, except your teammates might complain that you're stealing all their kills. Which is true. :P

Yeah, I never got my head around Nova but that sounds pretty cool. I think part of my problem is I started with a Drell Vanguard (with unlocks that seem to insist I should play that class) and his powers aren't so great, and when I did try my other Vanguard, I didn't have a very good team.

I was actually thinking we could attempt some sort of 'basic tips & tricks' thing for ME3 multiplayer for PXOD, since you guys seem to know a lot about the ins and outs. Plus, we have a fair few people trying out different classes. Thing is, I know the game has so many different builds. Today, I saw a Krogan soldier rocking a Widow sniper rifle and nothing else...and it actually worked rather well (probably thanks to my singularity too). :P

No, in ME1 you purchased a license which allowed the RO to stock that company's products, but he only stocked so many things at a time so whatever he happened to have on him at the time was random. It gave him the chance to carry that stuff, but he didn't carry it all all the time. It made it incredibly frustrating when you had millions of credits and wanted a specific piece of equipment but he may or may not have it. The only thing he always had was the Spectre Master Gear.

Also, bad news Hottie: GAME isn't stocking ME3 or any future EA titles.

No, in ME1 you purchased a license which allowed the RO to stock that company's products, but he only stocked so many things at a time so whatever he happened to have on him at the time was random.

Also, bad news Hottie: GAME isn't stocking ME3 or any future EA titles.

Oh, I don't even remember it being like that. It sounds like BioWare might have fixed that oversight though.

And, thanks, Dean pointed it out in the Games You've Bought thread (and the rest of the internet seems to have exploded with it) so I'm all sorted now.

Some long dissertation thing on Mass Effect, if you like reading that sort of thing. http://nothing-is-irreversible.com/category/gaming/mass-effect/page/5/

Hmmm. So war assets are pretty much just like the ship upgrades of the other game. This means that if you want the best ending you need every defensive and useful upgrade. So yeah, I'm expecting the big picture ending to be more than 60% dependant on war assets [if not more]

I don't give a shit if it gives me a bad ending.

If there's a war asset involving an army of snappy comeback Elcors, they'll be my warriors.

Elcor 1: Snarky- The reapers' mothers so ugly

Elcor 2: Questioning- How ugly are they?

Elcor 1: Response: They so ugly, That their physical appearance is not up to standards or symmetry as to what is considered quote end quote good looking.

In fact there should just be two elcors ala waldorf and statler in the game.

• Like 2

http://www.g4tv.com/videos/57547/mass-effect-3-multiplayer-preview/

The N7 rating is, basically, all the accumulated levels of all the classes that you're currently playing. And you hit a max level with a character, level 20, you can prestige that character. Every single time you prestige, you're making that asset more powerful, and it sends the squad off to Commander Shepard as a war asset for him to use in the final battle.

Hmm, interesting, and that's not how I envisioned it working. Not sure what 'prestiging' is, as I've never played CoD multiplayer. Does it mean resetting your unlocks and such (or powers in this case) and starting over? Or just a fancy word for the process of saying 'this character is all ready as a war asset'?