Mass Effect

AcidCrownie

Andromeda  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan to get Mass Effect Andromeda?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe, I need to see more
    • Already have it preordered
  2. 2. If you are getting Andromeda, what system will you play it on?

• Playstation 4
    • Xbox One
    • PC
    • I'm delusional and think I'll be able to get it on Switch

hahaha. I was going to see if anyone had shared the Joystiq link in the Newsfeed, and Dean, the guy who put the link in the Newsfeed, has shared a different link. :lol:

Yeah there was dozens of sites reporting on it. Today's actually been a weird day for that. Quiet a few repeat stories around.

I was thinking about this a few days ago. And it occurred to me that it could be an unequal co-op system. You could get the choice to play your Shepard in single player mode or co-op host mode, where an online friend(s) could join in and play as a squad mate only during battles, offering no input during conversations, decisions, etc. They can still talk to you through chat, but all decisions are made by the host, including stats progression for all squad mates and the like. This way, your Shepard is still your Shepard and you don't have to compromise just because you're playing with a friend.

What do you guys think?

Sooo...I'm a bit delayed in replying to this, but after thinking about it, I think it'd be a cool idea. It would be cool to see how your friend's previous decisions in ME and ME2 made their ME3 experience different from your own, and it would also be cool to actually use teamwork with another friend (or two) in the game.

As for the idea of the Shepard player having the decision making powers in the game, that sounds great. It would be nice if there were some benefits for the co-op friends that would carry over to their own games, but it wouldn't be necessary.

Anyway, a co-op option along these lines would be cool. There'd probably be portions of the game that would be pretty boring for co-op players tagging along, but if it was easy to drop-in and drop-out of a friend's game, that wouldn't really matter.

Edited by peteer01

Did anyone else pre-order the Mass Effect 2 action figures? I pre-ordered Tali'Zorah and Legion back around Christmas. The Tali'Zorah figure was supposed to be out in January, and it is now reaching the end of February. Has anyone actually received their figures, or heard any official word from BioWare/distributors about a delay...?

I know it's been a while, so maybe you already know this, but it seems they're due on April now. And the second set got canceled.

Guess the Normandy got another upgrade.

After I spent all that time scanning those motherfucking planets to get resources for upgrades?!

DAMN YOU BIOWARE!

*Edit* - Apparently it's unclear whether this is official concept art or just fan work.

I finally got around to playing ME2 for the first time earlier this week.

I never bothered to find out what role Demiurge played in the first game, but it didn't take too long to find out. Spacebar = Storm/Cover/Use and mouse sensitivity settings are Low, Normal, and High in ME2. I thought Bioware were one of the more considerate developers when it came to porting games to PC, especially when they acknowledged that they got where they are thanks to PC RPGs. Maybe EA had something to do with it, but ME2 is just another lazy PC port. Fortunately, that doesn't take away from the enjoyment much.

At first I was really disappointed with the way combat was changed, but its grown on me. I don't agree with how they switched up how biotic powers behave, though. One of my favourite tactics in the first game was to use singularity on a fixed point near enemies behind cover, which pulled them out. Now I either have to hit them or they have to walk into it. And since most biotic powers behave like projectiles, some additional frustrations have popped up, like watching them sail right into the crate you're taking cover behind, or watching your squad mate run right into its path and cancel the power as it hits them.

While I understand why Bioware decided to introduce auto-heal, I'm less bothered by it since they came up with such a convincing explanation as to why it happens.

I only have Miranda, Jacob, Garrus, Mordin, Jack, Grunt (still in pod), and Tali, but all the new characters have given me the impression that Bioware wanted to try for diversity but only came up with people to be suspicious of. Maybe the uncertainty of anyone's alliance to Shepard is what they were going for.

Lastly, I haven't heard Thane's voice yet, but I feel like he should be voiced by Christopher Walken.

One of my favourite tactics in the first game was to use singularity on a fixed point near enemies behind cover, which pulled them out. Now I either have to hit them or they have to walk into it.

Once you get singularity all the way upgraded you have the option of increasing its effective radius to 3 meters, which makes it MUCH more effective.

Spacebar = Storm/Cover/Use and mouse sensitivity settings are Low, Normal, and High in ME2.

The mouse sensitivity thing was annoying but all the other keyboard changes were very much needed. All the fussiness of ME1 has gone in favour of a much slicker system.

I can see how it would be nice to have fewer controls and just change the function of each button depending on whether or not you're in combat. But when you take separate controls for moving forward and entering cover and combine them to function as leaping over cover, I don't know if I would call that slick. More than once I have died because Shepard is suddenly mounting cover in the middle of a firefight.

Eventually, the latter point came down to timing, but I question making such a choice in controls to begin with.

Edited by SanaEquiesterer

I found the unexpected cover mounting issue at its worst when using cover that involved corners. Shepard can't shift around to the other side of cover, so you have to leave cover, move just a tad over to the next bit of cover, and then enter cover again. Including a crouch option could have alleviated this a little, but in any case, once I got the timing right the issue ceased to occur.

EDIT: Nevermind, I've played since posting and experimented to be sure. Shepard can shift to the next surface while taking cover in a corner. I was after Dr. Okeer when I thought it didn't work like that, so I guess I was a little panicky over having rockets launched at me.

On an unrelated note, when speaking to Mordin about Captain Kirrahe during the Virmire mission from the first game, I found it hilarious that Bioware was anatomically correct enough to have Mordin refer to the captain as a cloaca.

Edited by SanaEquiesterer

Bioware posted this image from the Arrival DLC on Facebook and Twitter. Said if they get 1000 retweets we'll get another screenshot tomorrow.

f0urw.jpg

Direct links to the tweets if you'd like to retweet them yourself:

http://twitter.com/#!/biofeed/status/47355078176276480

http://twitter.com/#!/masseffect2/status/47355069980622849