Mass Effect

AcidCrownie

Andromeda  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan to get Mass Effect Andromeda?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe, I need to see more
    • Already have it preordered
  2. 2. If you are getting Andromeda, what system will you play it on?

• Playstation 4
    • Xbox One
    • PC
    • I'm delusional and think I'll be able to get it on Switch

I think ME2 has face codes on 360, I know that ME3 does. But what I read in the comments is that doing what you suggest actually gives you the face code for your custom ME2 face, not the imported face. Either way I'm trying it on 360 now, so we'll see.

*Edit* - It's a PITA though because I can't skip any of the cutscenes leading up to the customization option. Luckily though, of my 6 Shepards I will eventually bring in to ME3 only one has a face I care about or can even remember.

Edited by TheMightyEthan

Well, if you haven't seen it yet, ME3 has the option to auto-toggle off helmets during conversations. It'll leave them on otherwise.

Yeah, I had to replay the demo just now to confirm. But in the demo, even though the option is there, Shepard never has a helmet on, (at least not in "off in conversation" mode). I'll definitely try it out in the full game, but I'd rather not be wearing a helmet while walking around in a space station where no violence at all goes on.

I think it's mentioned on the forums already, but the solution I can think of, is to start a new game using your ME1 import and go into Custom Appearance when you get the option. Then copy/keep a note of the face code from there (I presume they have those on console too?) and try it out in the demo. As said before, I took a face code from an ME1 import, tweaked it in the ME3 demo and fed it back into ME2 and it was almost identical.

Not the simplest method, but that should work, right?

From what I've read (haven't confirmed it myself), when you import a face from ME1 into ME2, you don't get a face code. You can try to edit your appearance before starting ME2, but it immediately uses one of the presets instead of the imported face, leaving a face code that doesn't represent your Shepard. Another issue seems to be is that certain features have been removed/changed for ME3. I tried making my Shep in the demo from memory, and I'm fairly certain the nose I used isn't in the character creator. I've seen hairstyles being changed as well. They have examples of these in this thread: http://social.biowar...47811/3#9249327

EDIT: spelling

Edited by jimmuhpage

From what I've read (haven't confirmed it myself), when you import a face from ME1 into ME2, you don't get a face code. You can try to edit your appearance before starting ME2, but it immediately uses one of the presets instead of the imported face, leaving a face code that doesn't represent your Shepard. Another issue seems to be is that ceratin features have been removed/changed for ME3. I tried making my Shep in the demo from memory, and I'm fairly certain the nose I used isn't in the character creator. I've seen hairstyles being changed as well. They have examples of these in this thread: http://social.biowar...47811/3#9249327

Hmm, I did this not long ago and I seem to recall that if you select Custom Appearance it plonks you straight into the creator with your imported face, and should have a face code ready at the bottom. Thing is, I'm not sitting through those intro videos again to confirm it.

Possibly things have been moved a bit for ME3, but as far as the demo was concerned, the only difference I noticed was it might change the eye colour. Everything else matched up for my guy (including the nose).

I just confirmed that at least on 360 it gives you one of the defaults if you select custom appearance, it does NOT let you customize your imported face.

Could be different on PC.

*Edit* - I was able to get a face code on ME2 though by going to custom appearance, then backing out and selecting my imported shep. This is the method that the forum says will give you the face code for the new custom shepard though, not the imported one, so I'm going into ME3 to test.

*Edit 2* - Yeah, it just gave me the face code for the new custom Shep.

Edited by TheMightyEthan

*Edit* - I was able to get a face code on ME2 though by going to custom appearance, then backing out and selecting my imported shep. This is the method that the forum says will give you the face code for the new custom shepard though, not the imported one, so I'm going into ME3 to test.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Although I thought once you click Custom Appearance there is the option for presets or your imported one, no backing out involved.

Also possibly worth noting: a couple weeks ago, Chris Priestly, BW forum overlord, made a thread recommending players to first play as default Shepard and then as your custom Shepard so you can appreciate the references more. While it may have merit and some people could conceivably reach the same conclusion, now it just stinks of "we won't have face imports ready day 1, so it would be better if you play as a Shepard that got Wrex killed" <_<

Oh, lame. Best option might be to try and recreate it in the ME3 demo and hang onto the code, I guess? Saves you time 'on the day' anyway. :P

That was exactly my thought: waste the time now so I can just jump into the game on Tuesday.

Following the instructions here I think I got a pretty damn good result (left is ME2 import, right is ME3 customized):

Bruce%20-%20Front.jpgME3%20Demo%20-%20Bruce%20Front.jpg

Bruce%20-%20Right%20Side.jpgME3%20Demo%20-%20Bruce%20Right%20Side.jpg

So my friend messaged me yesterday at 3 am in facebook chat.

Trying to tell me to not waste my money on ME3 because apparently the ending is REALLY bad. I don't want to spoil anything and I didn't hear what the spoiler was but he did tell me this [putting it in spoilers just in case but it was pretty much what I told you guys I was expecting].

the choices of the first two games don't matter for the ending. Not surprising, Bioware was making this the most accesible of the games

As far as what you're saying W&S...

It makes sense that previous actions from the last two games don't affect the ending. They'll just affect how you arrive to and in what condition. I mean, that would be absolutely horrendous if someone's ending turned to crap due to their own involvement from two prior games. It would be like saying, "I should have had the foresight to see that!" Take Mass Effect 2: if you survived making it to the Collectors' base, you'll still have the option to either blow it up or turn it over to Cerberus. The only varying factor is who dies, if any at all.

I mean, if I could only receive a "good" ending in Mass Effect 3 based on something like whether Kelly Chambers and the other humans survived or not, that would mean playing Mass Effect 2 again just to alter another playthrough of Mass Effect 3 for said ending.

So @AllianceNewsNetwork is doing what I think is a pretty effective "live tweet" of the Reaper invasion of Los Angeles. Though it could have been even cooler if they were attaching pictures (premise is that comm buoys are down, so they're using quantum entanglement transmission, which has limited bandwidth).

Yeah Atomsk. I was expecting it, and was actually trying to tell people who were REALLY optimistic that Bioware would do this radical thing like make everything count. But the Bioware that took risks is practically gone. Now we have a Bioware that makes solid action adventure scifi and fantasy games, but arguably not their most risk taking.

I'll always love the ME franchise as one of my top of course. It just feels so "what the fuck" that they made the third one the one people should jump in into.

Welp, I've had my first 'WHAT THE FUCK?' moment of ME3.

I seriously was not expecting that dream sequence. Being forced to run in slow-motion around a forest, chasing after some kid while embers and ash rained from the sky? And then he BURST INTO FLAMES? Holy fuck, man. Creeped me out.