Mass Effect

AcidCrownie

Andromeda  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan to get Mass Effect Andromeda?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe, I need to see more
    • Already have it preordered
  2. 2. If you are getting Andromeda, what system will you play it on?

• Playstation 4
    • Xbox One
    • PC
    • I'm delusional and think I'll be able to get it on Switch

Additional thoughts, before I hop back to my game:

It's obvious that Freddie Prinze Jr. put a ton of effort into Vega's voice acting - Vega has actually quickly become one of my favorites, just based on dialogue alone. Speaking of dialogue, I'm very very pleased with how it's been so far. Shepard has been surprisingly snarky, the banter between squad mates has been great, and the lines are just... amazing. Seriously, wait until you hear some of the stuff between Joker and EDI.

Guys I think it's safe to say that ME1-ME2 spoilers are fine and anybody coming here not expecting them should know better.

ME3 spoilers should always be under spoiler tags though.

While what we have in tags may be ME1/ME2 spoilers, they are giving away how it affects ME3 though.

If it wasn't for the fact it'll take hours I could potentially split this thread into ME1/ME2, and ME3.

I really need to keep an eye on the reapers when scanning :P Blim. Blim. BLAARRGHH!!! Fuckfuckfufckfuckfuck

Oh btw I'd strongly suggest having an ME2 save, it keeps your levels too, so you get a nice boost early on. Though I've a feeling level scaling is happening because the battles are still pretty tough. But at least there's no "well you died n forgot how to be a biotic" bullshit of most games.

Kinda bummed on who isn't joining my squad up to now :/ But at least I've got Garrus. Hiding in the gun room. Doing calibrations.

2012-03-06_00003.jpg

Oh my ME2 choices: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2066351/Screenshots/Games/2012-03-06_00001.jpg

Bummer. You can add folks to your ships crew, but they don't stack. So if you end up with a story person joining you, it replaces any folk you may have recruited earlier on.

So for me I bumped into the old doctor lass on the Citadel, gave her the word and she dashed off to the Normandy dock. I've just picked up Mordin. It seems doctor lass has been watching too much "How not to be seen" or she hopped off at the Silurian homeworld for some reason. Bummer, cos I quite liked her.

Also had a new crew guy in engineering, not too fussed on him, but he was the first I noticed disappeared when I used my Spectre status to have the Scottish engineer couple released from suspicion of being Cerberus operatives.

Bummer. You can add folks to your ships crew, but they don't stack. So if you end up with a story person joining you, it replaces any folk you may have recruited earlier on.

So for me I bumped into the old doctor lass on the Citadel, gave her the word and she dashed off to the Normandy dock. I've just picked up Mordin. It seems doctor lass has been watching too much "How not to be seen" cos she's not on the ship anymore. Seems she hopped off at the Silurian homeworld for some reason. So bummer, cos I quite liked her.

Also had a new crew guy in engineering, not too fussed on him, but he was the first I noticed disappeared when I used my Spectre status to have the Scottish engineer couple released from suspicion of being Cerberus operatives.

They tend to wander around - seems rather annoying at first, but I kinda like it. It's better than them just standing/sitting in the same place all the damn time. I went down to the cargo bay earlier, and Cortez (the shuttle pilot) wasn't at his usual spot. Turns out he was over at the shuttle, working on it.

Yeah it definitely has a Mass Effect 1 vibe to it. I'm not upset but I do hope to run into Jacob, Miranda, Thane, or Mordin soon.

Also... a slight spoiler 3-4ish hours in:

EDI has a body!!! CAN SHE BE ROMANCED?!??!?!

Yes. But not by you. There's someone who has waited a while to get into her pants.

Yeah it definitely has a Mass Effect 1 vibe to it. I'm not upset but I do hope to run into Jacob, Miranda, Thane, or Mordin soon.

Also... a slight spoiler 3-4ish hours in:

EDI has a body!!! CAN SHE BE ROMANCED?!??!?!

You run into Thane, Miranda, and Mordin fairly early within the campaign. Haven't seen Jacob yet, but I've seen Jack. And EDI is meant to be romanced by you. :P

So for me I bumped into the old doctor lass on the Citadel, gave her the word and she dashed off to the Normandy dock. I've just picked up Mordin. It seems doctor lass has been watching too much "How not to be seen" or she hopped off at the Silurian homeworld for some reason. Bummer, cos I quite liked her.

They are both at crew quarters

Yeah it definitely has a Mass Effect 1 vibe to it.

Wait, what?

Edited by Maritan

Hmmmmmm... from what I read about certain party members from ME2, especially romances, it might not even be worth to continue romances with those that aren't crewmembers in the third one as they have an EXTREMELY small role.

It's weird though. In Mass Effect 2 I had a romance with both Miranda and Tali but Tali was post-final mission. So I'm not sure which one I'll be able to continue. Hell I might do both. My Shepard is a boss. Breaking hearts, taking names.

GAWD I can't wait to play this.

Well Dave Strife finished it last night at 21hours in. Which would put me about 2/3 of the way through the game. And at this point I only have 4 squad members. 2 from ME1 and 2 new. I've met with 4 ME2 guys, but only one joined my ship, and not as squad. Oh and one temporary addition to my squad from ME1. I've a feeling I get him back soonish. So yeah, feeling pretty short on squad members. 4 folks doesn't even cover all the classes, I kinda feel a bit nerfed actually, having to take my ME1 guys along to flesh out roles. New ME2 guys are either too weak/samey, or has jack shit useful powers. Also pretty short game. ME2 I had 47hrs on the clock, Daves time comes out half that and he's done a fair bunch of the side-missions too (Though 90% of side missions are fetch quests as part of the scanning thing, so not lasting too long beyond having to travel to places)

Hmm.