Mass Effect

AcidCrownie

Andromeda  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan to get Mass Effect Andromeda?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe, I need to see more
    • Already have it preordered
  2. 2. If you are getting Andromeda, what system will you play it on?

• Playstation 4
    • Xbox One
    • PC
    • I'm delusional and think I'll be able to get it on Switch

Yes, something exactly like that. I would like longer explanations, but fuck that was better than what we got.

Also, amusingly enough that ending worked almost perfectly with my playthrough (except

I killed the synthetics rather than controlling them, but everything else worked perfectly.

)

Finally got the Graal Spike Thrower for multiplayer, but much to my dismay, the bleed damage from the spikes is completely absent. In addition, the lag from online play (though it might not seem like much) makes landing shots more difficult than it should be. It's still an extremely powerful shotgun, but I can't really snipe enemies with it like I could in singleplayer.

Ah well. Back to the Eviscerator.

EDIT: The amount of butthurt over the endings is getting to be ridiculous. I check my facebook, and see that Bioware put out some class-oriented shirts. I say to myself, "That's pretty cool, let's see what they look like".

The page for the shirts is filled to the brim with folks raging over the ending, and how they won't give Bioware another dime until the endings get fixed. It's kinda sad, really.

Edited by Vargras

A lot of those people are full of shit. I'm sure that some of them will stick to their guns, but most of these gaming "boycotts" go nowhere. Remember Left 4 Dead 2?

Same thing with Modern Warfare 2 (I think it was 2). They had that big Steam boycott, and yet there was that screenshot just a day after the game came out of most everyone in the group playing it.

And you can call me a horrible person for "supporting them" if you want, but I'll likely get any DLC that they put out for ME3. I ended up getting nearly all of the DLC for ME2 (except that alternate appearance crap, because that was rather silly), and I enjoyed all of it. Shadow Broker was definitely the highlight, but I still enjoyed Overlord.

Edited by Vargras

Just so you know Steam groups people in order of "in Game" then "Online" then everyone else that's offline. Meaning that taking a picture of the first page will of course show everyone that's playing games. But that doesn't make as fun an article.

Nope. Still, it was an awful lot of people playing a game they were supposedly boycotting.

My local friends who have been huge fans of the Mass Effect series since the first on 360 don't like the endings, but it's like what Vargras has said: the rest of it was a blast for them. One of them was talking about all the emotion he would feel when it came to previous squad members, and I have to agree that for all my squad members I've encountered there's this sense of joy, but it either ends in melancholy or a passive goodbye.

So far I've...

only had two previous squad members die in ME3: Mordin and Thane.

Both of those made me tear up a bit. I liked how Mordin would sing like in ME2 and that he knew full well the sacrifice only he could commit in the pursuit to cure the genophage. As he said, it had to be him.

Thane died a hero, and to see his son by his side, all was right for his passing. As he began his prayer, the son picking up where he couldn't finish. I chose to finish the prayer as I really did feel for Thane and the pain that not only was inflected on him, but the pain I was there to witness as well. Just as you first saw Thane, the prayer was not meant for the dead, the prayer was for the speaker, you.

Still haven't finished, but I'm spending my time to take in everything presented. Hanging out with Garrus was great and I always look forward to his conversations with other crew members on the Normandy. The most recent was the one between him and James Vega. Swapping stories to appear like the best soldier only to end up agreeing that they'll be the ones to save the galaxy from the Reapers, well, until Vega says it'll most be him.

My only concern is that I think I won't be able to have a relationship with Ashley now. I've reached the point where everyone, but Tali (since I haven't done the Quarian mission yet), has mentioned something where I can either have immediate sex with them or flirt.

Not really a spoiler but incase anyone doesn't want to know shenanigans on the Normandy.

Just walked in on Ashley lying hung over on the floor, such a good scene. Then Javik told James some jokes, that was good too.

"No, I just made that up, the jokes on you, you'll believe anything hahaha".

Well if he did I sure didn't see it.

Everytime I tried talking to him I only got a quick sentence or one of those non-interactive conversations. And most of those involved a war-hungry marine personality. In fact I only got to really speak with him heart to heart dealing with the N7 stuff.

Paragon Interrupt! Stop Javik from making everyone on the Citadel depressed.

I have discovered that in multiplayer, Throw is actually hilariously overpowered. Was simply spamming it last night on my Sentinel, and kept racking up the kills. I essentially carried the team because of it.

Also found this. NEVAR 4GET.

Edited by Vargras
  • Like 1

I've not actually used Javik in combat. Don't think he has Throw, does he?

I remember using it a lot as a Vanguard in ME1, and missing it in ME2. Then again, I never really liked Adept or Sentinel in ME2, and the Vanguard got some better power(s) instead.

Not sure if he has it or not. Throw is stupidly powerful for Sentinels, though. After you set up Tech Armor to give +20% damage to powers while it's active, Throw will instantly kill just about anything that doesn't have armor or shields.Even if it lives, Throw is gonna be off cooldown before it can get back up.

Incoming rumors. Taken from: http://www.gamefront...h-due-in-april/

Though an increasing number of fans are demanding significant changes, BioWare hasn’t offered up much in the way of comment about the the ongoing controversy over the end of Mass Effect 3. The closest they’ve come is an interview yesterday with Digital Trends, in which Casey Hudson appeared to rule out any change. Sorry guys.

Or did he? Yesterday, an image featuring what appears to be brand new classes for ME3 multiplayer made the online rounds. The story was that these classes would be unlocked in some upcoming DLC. Today however, Polish site CD-Action has posted what is claimed to be the full version of that graphic. The original graphic, seen at the top of this page, only seemed to indicate that it was associated with multiplayer. An anonymous poster has added additional commentary on the image that not only purports to clarify what happened with ME3′s ending, but makes almost unbelievable claims about BioWare’s DLC strategy.

The ending was half-assed because of the leak. They changed it at the last minute so they could have more time to prepare the real ending via DLC.

It’s called The Truth and it’s being released in April or May. You WILL be able to continue the story if you picked any of the endings. Your decision during that sequence will have a big effect on your ending of The Truth. The Truth adds two new sets of enemies, new classes, and multiplayer maps including “Firebase Hive”, which is a small area of the last remaining collector ship included in the DLC, which, by the way you should definitely bring Javik the Prothean along if you have him.

The picture here shows some of the leaked multiplayer classes and races. One race that isn’t shown is the Prothean Adept and Vanguard. This DLC also enables the ability for owners of the preorder and From Ashes DLC to find their DLC weapons in reinforcement packs.

All that content, and this might as well be labeled an expansion pack.

And it’s free.

You’re welcome.

I won’t deny I will hold out a tiny grain of hope that BioWare might fix the ending. The claim here that it was rushed out at the last minute, due to outcry over the leaked script, fits the wretched aesthetics and lack of clarity. If this turns out to be true, BioWare might manage win the love of players for all time. But of course, this is almost certainly bullshepard, most likely just some troll having fun messing with disgruntled fans by pretending to be a BioWare insider. I would expect BioWare to explicitly deny this rumor sometime soon.

Edited by Vargras

Marauder Shields is the single hardest part of the game on Insanity. The entire game was mostly a breeze. London got a bit hectic, but I never died more than twice on any given segment, and usually it was due to getting stuck in cover.

Marauder Shields killed me 6 times before I took him down. The only way I was able to kill him was to strafe all the way to the right so he couldn't see me through the piece of cover. He backed up a bit, and I was able to hit him over the right side of that piece of rubble while his shots got blocked. Cheap. But I didn't beat the entire game on Insanity to be stopped by Brooke's younger, more attractive brother.

As far as the rumor goes, I hope it's true, but one thing doesn't quite add up. I can't confirm this myself since I never read the leaked script, but there was a thread on the BW forums where some guy went over the differences in the ending in the script and the game. They seemed to be minimal at best. Supposedly, the biggest outcry was over the

Cerberus attack on the Citadel, where Udina/Leng convinces Kaidan/Ash that Shepard is still with Cerberus and you end up having to choose between saving Liara or Kaidan/Ash.

I didn't read up too much on it since it's a moot point, but after I beat the game, I got a little curious and dug around a bit.

It was more of a joke. Kai Leng appears out of nowhere in the game and all of a sudden he's better than you at everything. Not to mention after a certain mission he sends you en email that practically reads "imma kill you shepard, maniacal laugh. maniacal laugh"

He was just such a cheesy overpowered bad guy with no personality that it is hard to imagine he came from the same team that delivered us such an intriguing one such as the Illusive Man

• Like 1

It was more of a joke. Kai Leng appears out of nowhere in the game and all of a sudden he's better than you at everything. Not to mention after a certain mission he sends you en email that practically reads "imma kill you shepard, maniacal laugh. maniacal laugh"

He was just such a cheesy overpowered bad guy with no personality that it is hard to imagine he came from the same team that delivered us such an intriguing one such as the Illusive Man

AND THAT'S WHY THE RENEGADE INTERRUPT WAS WORTH IT.

He's from the novels, really. He's shown up in the universe before, but it was his first time showing up in the game.

Even if he IS from the novels, he was such a stereotypical overpowered villain [i mean cyborg ninja really?] that I lost interest over him. The Illusive Man has a purpose, twisted as it is.

Oh and if the rumors about "the truth" are true I will literally have gay sex with Bioware and never doubt them again.