Mass Effect

AcidCrownie

Andromeda  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan to get Mass Effect Andromeda?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe, I need to see more
    • Already have it preordered
  2. 2. If you are getting Andromeda, what system will you play it on?

• Playstation 4
    • Xbox One
    • PC
    • I'm delusional and think I'll be able to get it on Switch

I don't just mean the color scheme, everything about the uniforms is identical. Also, it's a similar color scheme to the normal duty uniforms that have been used since ME1:

mass-effect-shepard.jpg

I know C-Sec was black and blue since the start too, but their uniforms still could have been a different cut and everything. I mean, my local police wear blue but I can still tell their uniform apart from US Navy.

@Dean re saving the council in ME1:

It does weaken the human fleets, but it means that later in the game you get the Destiny Ascension as a war asset. Not sure how that plays out on balance.

@Dean re saving the council in ME1:

It does weaken the human fleets, but it means that later in the game you get the Destiny Ascension as a war asset. Not sure how that plays out on balance.

I'm confused. What you responding to? I already know that one cos I saved them in ME1.

Unless you're responding to the other dean, but I doubt you even know there's more than one dean around here.

http://www.oxm.co.uk...before-release/

So Drew Karpyshyn (ME1 writer and ME2 "contributor") has spilled some details on the ending that Bioware canned for ME2.

I'll put it in spoilers because it's long, but not because it's in the game or anything.

"The Reapers' goal was to find a way to stop the spread of Dark Energy which would eventually consume everything. That's why there was so much foreshadowing about Dark Energy in ME," Karpyshyn wrote.

"The Reapers as a whole were 'nations' of people who had fused together in the most horrific way possible to help find a way to stop the spread of the Dark Energy. The real reason for the Human Reaper was supposed to be the Reapers saving throw because they had run out of time. Humanity in Mass Effect is supposedly unique because of its genetic diversity and represented the universe's best chance at stopping Dark Energy's spread.

"The original final choice was going to be 'Kill the Reapers and put your faith in the races of the galaxy in finding another way to stop the spread with what little time is left' or 'Sacrifice humanity, allowing them to be horrifically processed in hopes that the end result will justify the means.'

Not to spoil anything, but in case you guys have watched...

Gurren Lagann, this tidbit here is simply a perfect parallel to the plot of the second half of the show.

If you haven't watched the anime, basically the show's antagonist shifts to these beings known as the Anti-Spirals. These "beings" have the intended goal of stopping the evolutionary process of any species that grow to large and advance. The reason for this is that the Spiral Energy produced by any one species will cause the "Spiral Nemesis," a.k.a. The End of the Universe.

As it turns out, the Anti-Spirals are previous civilizations that have stopped their evolutionary process to become the Anti-Spiral collective. Oh, you know how Reapers have "indoctrination?" The Anti-Spirals use psychological, if not psychic, attacks to induce hallucinations causing fear and despair. In one episode the character Boota, a rodent creature, gains enough Spiral Energy to be affected by the Anti-Spirals mind attacks. In his hallucination he become a sapient creature, but soon realizes it is all a trick to prevent him from helping the others.

Basically, the protagonists defeat the Anti-Spirals and civilization from then on actively prevents the Spiral Nemesis from occurring.

If "The Truth" DLC does come to light, and is as we think it is, then the show and Mass Effect are way similar.

EDIT: At least it's nice to know I got the "hidden" plot to ME2 after that revelation. It was the only thing that made sense if you ask me.

Edited by Atomsk88

So!

I got my EMS up by playing multiplayer, 95% on all fronts. I then replayed the last part, killed Marauder Shields (god bless his soul), and shot the illusive man to save my friend, Anderson.

All the while, debating with myself if I should pick the perfect renegade ending, or stick to my guns on the paragon i first picked, and wait for the DLC. After talking to the kid a bit, I wandered around and tried shooting the kid, but my weapon won't fire.

So I said, fuck it, I'm gonna destroy these reapers. As I got near the power conduit, shepard "got stuck", and the target appeared on the conduit.

However, my gun still won't fire. FFFUUUUUUUUUUCK!

Maybe this is the game telling me to stick to my original decisions. Sigh... I wanted to see some awesome red explosions!

Yeah, this unlock system irks me to no end. Not that the asari vanguard is a bad kit, but of all my alien kits, she's the only one that has more than secondary color unlocked (only drell adept has secondary, all others I have unlocked only once). In fact, before I even played with her, she had everything up to skin tone unlocked. The only class that I've unlocked all kits is sentinel (my favorite <_<). I still don't have any of the weapons I really want. Not even the "uncommon" Mattock. I haven't unlocked turian soldier or salarian infiltrator. The only thing I can say I'm happy with (and that's only cause I spammed recruit packs out of desperation) is that my Mantis X kicks some serious ass.

Oh and I'm still unlocking asari vanguards, even at level 20.

At the end of most matches, I mean my heart's beatin', my heart's beatin', my hands are shakin', my hands are shakin', but I'm still buying veteran packs and I'm still getting asari vanguards! It's like BOOM ASARI VANGUARD! BOOM ASARI VANGUARD! BOOOOOOM ASARI VANGUAAAAARRRRDDD!!!

Yeah, this unlock system irks me to no end. Not that the asari vanguard is a bad kit, but of all my alien kits, she's the only one that has more than secondary color unlocked (only drell adept has secondary, all others I have unlocked only once). In fact, before I even played with her, she had everything up to skin tone unlocked. The only class that I've unlocked all kits is sentinel (my favorite <_<). I still don't have any of the weapons I really want. Not even the "uncommon" Mattock. I haven't unlocked turian soldier or salarian infiltrator. The only thing I can say I'm happy with (and that's only cause I spammed recruit packs out of desperation) is that my Mantis X kicks some serious ass.

Oh and I'm still unlocking asari vanguards, even at level 20.

At the end of most matches, I mean my heart's beatin', my heart's beatin', my hands are shakin', my hands are shakin', but I'm still buying veteran packs and I'm still getting asari vanguards! It's like BOOM ASARI VANGUARD! BOOM ASARI VANGUARD! BOOOOOOM ASARI VANGUAAAAARRRRDDD!!!

Recruit packs are the easiest way to get human customization options (human characters are ranked as common, which you typically get from recruit packs anyways).

What's the best pack to buy to unlock Asari Adept or Krogan Soldier?

Spectre pack, unfortunately. Both Asari Adept and Krogan Soldier are classified as rare, and the Spectre packs give you a guaranteed rare. It's not uncommon to get multiple rares in the same Spectre pack, though. You might get other goodies out of it too, like one of the N7 weapons.

Wait, the main game still uses the lucky mix method of handouts the demo had? Wow..I thought that was just to give everyone a bit of a taste of what'll be in the MP not an actual preview of how they'd be doing it :P

It's still random, but they supposedly upped the chance to get the race/class combos from crates.