Mass Effect

AcidCrownie

Andromeda  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan to get Mass Effect Andromeda?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe, I need to see more
    • Already have it preordered
  2. 2. If you are getting Andromeda, what system will you play it on?

• Playstation 4
    • Xbox One
    • PC
    • I'm delusional and think I'll be able to get it on Switch

I'm pretty much done with recruit packs for now unless I start running out of supplies. Human customization is complete. I just want to customize my extraterrestrials furgawdseik. Every now and then I wait to get a Spectre pack if I'm close to 60K creds, but I have yet to get anything I really like. Factor in the fact that I can get either 9 of a given supply by buying 3 veteran packs or 12 by buying 12 recruit packs, I'll only focus on Spectre packs once I get my Mattock to an acceptable level (==when Mass Effect 5 comes out).

And I really don't feel like promoting characters. Completely unnecessary since I have my readiness at 100% almost constantly. And I want to play on Gold mostly, at least Silver if I"m with randoms. Bronze gets you around 17K credits, which is not worth it imo.

Edited by jimmuhpage

You'd be surprised at how many people get desperate and buy multiple Spectre packs at 2 USD each and are shockingly disappointed they didn't get what they wanted. One troll on the BW forums said he paid 200 dollars and didn't get what he wanted and demanded an explanation from BW...

You'd be surprised at how many people get desperate and buy multiple Spectre packs at 2 USD each and are shockingly disappointed they didn't get what they wanted. One troll on the BW forums said he paid 200 dollars and didn't get what he wanted and demanded an explanation from BW...

Suddenly, folks filing complaints with the FTC makes a lot more sense.

By that, I mean people are stupid.

Bought my first spectre pack and got a Salarian infiltrator. I have a Widow too, so I might have to give that a go.

Just a quick FYI (because I have it too) - the Widow can shoot through thin walls and obstacles, as well as the 'bullet-proof' glass that's on some maps. Abuse it.

Problem is that thing is soooo dang heavy. Know what I mean, guys?

...guys?

All the fun weapons are heavy. Scorpion and Falcon both weigh a ton.

Edited by Vargras

I saw someone earlier today playing a Quarian infiltrator with a shotgun. It was surprisingly effective. It takes a second to decloak after firing, so you can use that second to run away (like I do when I res people... my Infiltrator is the designated main healer among my friends). Run up close, blast them, then gtfo before you're decloaked.

This guy has written some interesting articles.

http://nightmaremode.net/2012/03/soundscapes-why-mass-effect-3-might-be-the-best-sounding-game-of-all-time-17303/

Not sure about the opening stuff with Jenkins; I don't actually recall that too well. The stereo/mono thing is especially noticeable back-to-back though.

Agree on the weapon sounds front in ME3. I think they did a great job.

Personally, I can't stand the sound design in BC2 and BF3. Might be realistic, but I'm not looking for realism. I'd rather have something unrealistic that sounds powerful, than machine guns that sound like super-powered vacuum cleaners

I was thinking less of the audio of the guns themselves and more of how all the sound fits in with the environment. Shooting a shotgun indoors sounds different than shooting a shotgun outdoors, etc. Being 100m away from where everyone's shooting sounds completely different than being 20m away. The fact that more games don't do that always sort of surprised me.

• Like 1

So, kind of old, but I don't think it has made the rounds here yet, Mass Effect 3 multiplayer memes. They're from when the demo was out. Spoilers cause it's long

• Like 2