Mass Effect

AcidCrownie

Andromeda  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan to get Mass Effect Andromeda?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe, I need to see more
    • Already have it preordered
  2. 2. If you are getting Andromeda, what system will you play it on?

• Playstation 4
    • Xbox One
    • PC
    • I'm delusional and think I'll be able to get it on Switch

Three of those options are plain as day. Did you think 'rally the fleet' meant Shepard would do an about-turn on the line about calling off the fleet? "Oh, well, I'll encourage the Quarians to fight back a bit harder and then we'll see who's left from both sides afterwards. Surely, they'll help the war effort."

Sorry, if I sound like I'm having a go but it just seems unreasonable in this instance. Sure, it could probably have done with better wording and I can understand if you were annoyed about the gameplay section before but I feel it's coloured your view of that bit.

Yes I thought it'd do an about turn and have Shepard rally the quarians behind a final push of attacking and wiping out the Geth. As far as I was aware the quarians were wiping out a currently disabled Geth fleet. Yes Tali, the quarian, says the Geth will destroy their people, but this is coming from the quarians who has been raised explicitly with "the geth will wipe out our people if given the chance, look at the morning war they already drove us from our planet"(which as mentioned the prior missions had already shown that the Geth were pretty chill in it all) it doesn't come across as a "no seriously, the next scene will have the geth blowing the quarian fleet to bits". I'd already had them call off the attack, so why would I take "rally the fleet" to mean the exact same thing I've just asked for and had refused by the admiral that has been continuously "kill them all!!" attitude of the last few missions? Given the context within the last few missions, and who I was speaking too, and what had just been said, the potential resulting actions of the choices at that time were not clear at all. Or at least they were seemingly clear, but in actuality opposite to what was implied.

As for the previous part; tedious, but it didn't colour my view. As I've said a bit earlier I'd have been fine with a tweaked version of the blasting against the Reaper to be in the finale. This segment did put me in a mood before going into the finale though, which won't have helped it one bit :P

You wanted to encourage the Quarians to keep fighting while allowing Legion to upload the code?

And, clearly, Legion says the Geth will kill the creators: "we see no alternative." Tali even says that they'll be wiped out.

What the entire database section was saying that if the Quarians do not attack the Geth, then they will co-operate and happily co-exist. If the Quarians continue fighting, then so will the Geth. And the Geth will win.

You wanted to encourage the Quarians to keep fighting while allowing Legion to upload the code?

And, clearly, Legion says the Geth will kill the creators: "we see no alternative." Tali even says that they'll be wiped out.

What the entire database section was saying that if the Quarians do not attack the Geth, then they will co-operate and happily co-exist. If the Quarians continue fighting, then so will the Geth. And the Geth will win.

No I didn't want to encourage the Quarians to keep fighting, that's why I didn't choose to "Rally the fleet". Legion says he regrets the creators deaths, but that equally is a "we regret their deaths that have happened"/"we're sorry this war happened" kinda thing. I've already pointed out Tali as a quarian would say that about the Geth. Also why would Legion, who has already helped me disable a Geth battlecruiser and fighter squadron, then be saying "oh but now we're gonna kill the quarians despite past actions, that okay?".

You apparently had a different VR section to me cos mine looked at the morning war not future possibilities. Mainly showing how it was the quarians that started the war and that once the quarians had fled, the Geth just stopped following as they didn't care for wiping the quarians out.

Just finished the genophage cure mission. Probably one of my favorites out of the 3 games so far. The thresher maw taking down the reaper was completely epic, and even though I'm a little sad Mordin died, I smiled when he started singing.

Yeah, Mordin's death scene was one of the best, if not the best, that I've seen in a game.

Just finished the genophage cure mission. Probably one of my favorites out of the 3 games so far. The thresher maw taking down the reaper was completely epic, and even though I'm a little sad Mordin died, I smiled when he started singing.

Yeah, Mordin's death scene was one of the best, if not the best, that I've seen in a game.

Mordin, Legion, and Anderson. MANLY TEARS.

Legion's is even worse if you go against the geth, because then Tali has to kill it.

No I didn't want to encourage the Quarians to keep fighting, that's why I didn't choose to "Rally the fleet". Legion says he regrets the creators deaths, but that equally is a "we regret their deaths that have happened"/"we're sorry this war happened" kinda thing. I've already pointed out Tali as a quarian would say that about the Geth. Also why would Legion, who has already helped me disable a Geth battlecruiser and fighter squadron, then be saying "oh but now we're gonna kill the quarians despite past actions, that okay?".

You apparently had a different VR section to me cos mine looked at the morning war not future possibilities. Mainly showing how it was the quarians that started the war and that once the quarians had fled, the Geth just stopped following as they didn't care for wiping the quarians out.

Seems more like you didn't understand what was going on. I don't know how many times I can say that the Geth will defend themselves if threatened with extinction. You're trying to stop them Quarians attacking them. That's why they fought back in the first place. Survival instinct. Of course they're gonna retaliate. The idea of the VR section seems to be that maybe you should give peace a chance, as well as humanise the representation of the Geth a bit more. Everything the characters say is on-the-nose and clear. So what if you doubt what Tali's saying? Legion is saying the exact same thing. I'm not even sure what you were expecting since you've spent the whole game choosing sides yet seem oblivious in this instance.

If you changed your mind on allegiances there was the 'Stop Legion' option, otherwise you trust what Paragon/Renegade does. Simple as that.

I really don't know what else I can say.

Seems more like you didn't understand what was going on. I don't know how many times I can say that the Geth will defend themselves if threatened with extinction. You're trying to stop them Quarians attacking them. That's why they fought back in the first place. Survival instinct. Of course they're gonna retaliate. The idea of the VR section seems to be that maybe you should give peace a chance, as well as humanise the representation of the Geth a bit more. Everything the characters say is on-the-nose and clear. So what if you doubt what Tali's saying? Legion is saying the exact same thing. I'm not even sure what you were expecting since you've spent the whole game choosing sides yet seem oblivious in this instance.

If you changed your mind on allegiances there was the 'Stop Legion' option, otherwise you trust what Paragon/Renegade does. Simple as that.

I really don't know what else I can say.

Well I think it's pretty obvious I didn't understand what I was meant to be understanding. As I said the past few games had ingrained in me: Quarians really dislike the Geth, The geth are only bad when under Reaper command, and the ME3 addition of: The geth didn't start the quarian war and even let them go.

The geth weren't really threatened with extinction, especially when upgrading to reaper-code level. The only time they were shown to be threatened was when we disabled their ships. Which at that moment we were doing the exact opposite.

The only other occasion on choosing sides was with the genophage, that didn't lead to all of one race getting wiped out, just the salarians getting pissy with me. Upgrading the Geth n having the quarians pissy with me?, not too bad a compromise.

I kinda wanted the geth on my side so I wasn't going to stop legion. As I said I went with "continue upgrade" cos up against the other choices it seemed the neutral one (it was grey after all). My trust in paragon/renegade, or all the other choices given, is not high since as I mentioned I rather dislike the lack of a clear WYSIWYG choice system in ME games. And earlier in the game "trusting" a renegade QTE had the Hannar wiped out due to renegade meaning to save a guys life instead of ignore his assassination.

Reaper code doesn't automatically make them invincible. If the Quarian kept fighting (as they clearly will do), Geth would still die. They're still going to defend themselves. Trying to make it an even battle, or relying on the Geth to not kill quite all the Quarians or force a retreat (which the Quarians most definitely would not do now), would not help your war effort, so it is most definitely about picking a side or trying to establish peace.

I'm with HH and Ethan on this one: it was pretty clear for me.

Take note that I also read your (Dean) spoiler tag about the two characters before that mission was even available to me. Considering those two are in my Top 5 favorite characters of Mass Effect, I wanted to know. So...

with expecting it to be vague, if not complicated, it was rather simple. Because ME2 taught me to do all the small missions before a big conflict, I had gained support with the quarians. I also gained the trust of the geth, which is pretty obvious when you receive Primes after clearing that geth server of Reaper influence.

I mean, Tali was essentially helping you and Legion at first by attempting to prevent the quarian forces from engaging the geth forces. Even without the Reaper code, engaging the geth forces would mean a brutal battle. When the aggressive quarian admiral belayed Tali's warning, Tali saw stopping Legion's upload as the only means to prevent a confrontation.

As Commander Shepard, through the Paragon/Renegade option, you're delaying and warning the fleets. Now, obviously, you would have to have been a good friend to Tali and Legion before ME3 to even consider being the voice of reason to both parties.

Save both races you need to get 5 to 7 points. These points are based on your ME2 and ME3 decisions.

-Destroyed the Heretics (+2 points)

-Tali is NOT exiled (+2 points)

-Resolved Legion/Tali conflict either using the Paragon or Renegade options (+1 point)

-N7 Mission: Save the Admiral on Rannoch in ME3 (+1 point)

-N7 Mission: Destroy Geth Squadron on Rannoch in ME3 (+1 point)

-Completed Legion's Mission in ME3 (or no peace) You will need a HIGH reputation for the peace talks.

I understood the context of "Rally" for the Paragon choice, but yes technically it does have the connotation of also prepping for an attack. There could have been a better word (persuade or delay), but either way you're warning the quarians. Paragon is through a pleading motion, whereas Renegade you're being an apathetic dick who says he won't help the quarians get out of this mess as he has already saved them from the geth once.

Tali and Garrus in the Battery...

K-I-S-S-I-N-G

One of my favorite scenes.

Reason why I decided to let Tali go. I was chasing after Ashley, but I asked Tali in our first conversation about us. Though she had a crush on me, it was more like infatuation in ME2. In our first mission in ME3 she shows signs of interest for Garrus, but is also a little more flirty with Shepard. I also had Garrus with me and I think he was a little jealous too.

I think it made for a good "love interest" story in my game given that we both had someone else in the back of our mind. Besides, I had to let Garrus get some good feelings before heading off into battle with me. He's my main turian after all!

And earlier in the game "trusting" a renegade QTE had the Hannar wiped out due to renegade meaning to save a guys life instead of ignore his assassination.

You mentioned this before, can you elaborate on what happened? It doesn't ring any bells with me.

And earlier in the game "trusting" a renegade QTE had the Hannar wiped out due to renegade meaning to save a guys life instead of ignore his assassination.

You mentioned this before, can you elaborate on what happened? It doesn't ring any bells with me.

There's a quest on the Citadel where you track down some terminals to find out the hannar ambassadors are indoctrinated. You confront them with another Spectre agent (a Salarian) that has been helping you with the investigation. The Hannar says that he is aiding the enkindlers (hannar name for protheans...now collectors..now under reaper control...you see their line of thinking), and that he has a virus that is going to disable the hannar homeworld defence network. As you go to stop it a dude comes in and starts to strangle the other Spectre. He tells you to not worry about him and stop the upload. Then a Renegade QTE pops up at that instance. I pushed it. Which then meant I saved the guys life. Then you're told the Hannar are now defenceless and likely destroyed. I did net Spectre attack force as war assets though

There's a quest on the Citadel where you track down some terminals to find out the hannar ambassadors are indoctrinated. You confront them with another Spectre agent (a Salarian) that has been helping you with the investigation. The Hannar says that he is aiding the enkindlers (hannar name for protheans...now collectors..now under reaper control...you see their line of thinking), and that he has a virus that is going to disable the hannar homeworld defence network. As you go to stop it a dude comes in and starts to strangle the other Spectre. He tells you to not worry about him and stop the upload. Then a Renegade QTE pops up at that instance. I pushed it. Which then meant I saved the guys life. Then you're told the Hannar are now defenceless and likely destroyed. I did net Spectre attack force as war assets though

Weird, I remember the quest but not the QTE. Did you have Kasumi? When I did it it automatically had me save the Spectre and Kasumi hacked the stuff.

Weird, I remember the quest but not the QTE. Did you have Kasumi? When I did it it automatically had me save the Spectre and Kasumi hacked the stuff.

The person that didn't get any of the ME2 DLC beyond the included Zaeed out of principle? Nope I didn't have Kasumi :P

That's what you get for not buying the DLC!

Anyway, I know it's pretty clear that Shepard and Garrus have a bromance, but

I play femshep. Did anyone else notice / feel like Shep and Miranda are BFFs in ME3? I play femshep btw, and I guess that adds to it.

Paragon replies to her sound like you two are BFFs. Also, she had the most meaningful conversation out of all the people you could contact at the end of the game (on the radio where you can call her, jack, samara, etc...)

Edited by elev3n

Benefit of getting the PS3 version of ME2 was every DLC minus Arrival (and cosmetic stuff). While Kasumi wasn't like other teammates while on the Normandy, I liked her ME2 loyalty mission. Even used her as the tech expert in the Collector Base. I didn't want to chance losing my sweet Tali. :(

Not to mention Kasumi had some neat dialogue for the short time she was around in ME3. Honestly, for a deeply depressing plot with little chance of success, I would get chuckles and straight up laughter out of some characters.

As for a FemShep and Miranda BFF relationship, I would guess they became close. After all, Miranda really opened up to Shepard. If it was FemShep, Miranda would probably feel a bit more comfortable telling FemShep her daddy troubles. Of course, about the only people you never feel too close to is Zaeed. From James to Legion, you become an integral aspect to your crew's life.

EDIT: Not sure why this has to be spoiler tagged exactly as there's nothing "revealing" about it, but consistency!

Edited by Atomsk88

I played manshep. And he was bros with Garrus. I think it probably changes given what gender you play.

Still "bros" with garrus though, even with femshep. I was half expecting them to kiss with all those cheesy dialogue.

However, I don't the Miranda dialogue would change with broshep/femshep. However, I wouldn't have the same reaction if I was playing broshep.

Actually, if I was playing broshep the would probably be having sex on that apartment instead of exchanging sappy lines.

On a related note, I don't like how Miranda (and I guess Samara) basically had a recycled story in ME3. Miranda still with Oriana, and Samara still with her daughters... I would have preferred Miranda to have a better story, seeing as she's big in ME2.

Edited by elev3n

I agree elev3n as far as...

Samara's story because to me it was saying, "Yep, I have more birth defect children, and I might have to kill them now like with the other." With Miranda's though, I think it was a great continuation for her. I mean, with her father still being as rich and knowledgeable as he is, Oriana couldn't really have been hid away forever. His shadow was still in the corner of both Miranda's and Oriana's lives. So, the Illusive Man needs her father's help, and he's willing to assist with any circumstance.

In comes Oriana.

At the conclusion, she indefinitely rescues her sister and she herself is forever free of her father's presence. It was nice to finally meet the evil of Miranda's existence too, and see Miranda own the crap out of him. Well, if you had done things proper in ME2 and this game.

Edited by Atomsk88