Mass Effect

AcidCrownie

Andromeda  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan to get Mass Effect Andromeda?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe, I need to see more
    • Already have it preordered
  2. 2. If you are getting Andromeda, what system will you play it on?

• Playstation 4
    • Xbox One
    • PC
    • I'm delusional and think I'll be able to get it on Switch

Never ignore a mans1ayer video!

Anywho, I'm really getting pissed at the multiplayer as of late. There's nothing like applying equipment (ammo bonus, etc) just to have someone disconnect and the whole game fall apart because the servers can't reestablish the current wave. What a waste of credits, right?

I actually had a match where the multiplayer was handled like the single player. I was dropped into one of the maps, though my character was in midair and invisible. The map was partially completed and the pause menu was like the single player pause menu. It was the weirdest thing...

Otherwise, I've begun to loathe the upgrading process because the only weapons that upgrade are the basic ones. Not to mention I find the "random unlocking appearance" to be dumb. Seriously, my Turian Soldier hits Lv. 20 and the pack I buy finally gives me the option for a second color for that specific character.

It's not a bad multiplayer, but again, this all reeks of padding. Having it affect single player, random chance to have upgrades after playing matches that can range from 20 to 30 minutes. Upgrades that really shouldn't be upgrades. Was there no confidence that people would take a chance on it?

Edited by Atomsk88

Asari were supposed to be 'mono-gendered' (though I think the latest codex says they are all female now). Obviously, they look and sound female but they can adapt their nervous systems to match reproductive partners. The resulting offspring will always be Asari, but with other species' qualities mixed in somehow...

Asari were supposed to be 'mono-gendered' (though I think the latest codex says they are all female now). Obviously, they look and sound female but they can adapt their nervous systems to match reproductive partners. The resulting offspring will always be Asari, but with other species' qualities mixed in somehow...

....uhhh....like a Bible Black scenario?

Not that Ive ever seen that series of hentai, but Ive heard things...

I dont read a lot of the text stuff in the ME games, but is there a reason why theres only female asaris and male drells? How does that work exactly?

Also, how does interspecies breeding work? Any half human/half Krogan out there?

There's female drell, but it's the same case as the turians - they exist, we just don't get to see them. Asari have just sorta... always been female, and any child born out of a relationship with an asari will always be another asari. No DNA is taken from the partner, it just gets used to 'jumble' up the asari parent's DNA.

I... guess interspecies breeding could potentially work? I mean, turians and quarians are dextro-amino based, instead of levo-amino based like humans, asari, and salarians. Don't go expecting anything out of a dextro-amino and levo-amino pairing.

I have to say, looking at the sort of critical content that appears to have been cut and the amount of bugs in the game, real blame lies either with poor management of development and/or forced time restraints. I feel the game needed more time before it was ready. Any artistic integrity was already compromised. :P

Also, discovered that one past decision and EMS play into the ending slightly. But it's all in really intangible ways that don't appear to have any real impact.

With a low EMS you are restricted to one decision. Whether that is Control or Destroy depends on whether you chose to keep or destroy the Collector base in ME2. The EMS stuff is more in terms of what stuff gets destroyed and whatever during the ending sequence (BIG BEN! NOOOOOOO!)

Edited by Hot Heart

The only Turian/Quarian thing I remember from ME2 was that Quarian moaning about her inconsiderate ex (a human) while the friendzoned Turian was trying to make his move.

Claudia Black plays a Krogan-Asari

Yep, the bartender on Illium.

...and the Citadel. DUN DUN DUUUUUUN!

Edited by Hot Heart
  • Like 1

Well, this is pretty funny. Taken from: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/03/27/someone-sent-bioware-400-cupcakes.aspx

It seems angry Mass Effect 3 fans still want to protest the game's endings. This time they're sending the studio hundreds of cupcakes.

A user on the BioWare forums quickly organized a donation pool of over $1,000 and made a massive order of approximately 402 cupcakes from a local bakery near BioWare's Edmonton studio. "As fans, we want Bioware to do right by us, and fix the endings for Mass Effect 3. But we also want to let Bioware know, that we trust them, and have faith in them.

"Bioware has been slammed by negativity from all sides in the last few weeks. This is our way, as fans, to drive our message home, but in a (literally) sweet way. We want Bioware to add some more 'sweet' to their 'bittersweet' ending. What better way to do this than with CUPCAKES :-D."

The order has been placed and the invoice as proof was posted online (see below). The cupcakes are colored Red, Blue and Green and labeled A, B or C as a dig at executive produce Casey Hudson's statements where he said, “It’s not even in any way like the traditional game endings, where you can say how many endings there are or whether you got ending A, B, or C…The endings have a lot more sophistication and variety in them.”

invoice.jpg

• Like 2