Mass Effect

AcidCrownie

Andromeda  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan to get Mass Effect Andromeda?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe, I need to see more
    • Already have it preordered
  2. 2. If you are getting Andromeda, what system will you play it on?

• Playstation 4
    • Xbox One
    • PC
    • I'm delusional and think I'll be able to get it on Switch

True. I think a large part of the DLC was actually designed around fan feedback not long after release, which is why it looks like there will be a lot of 'fluff'. The content is twice the 360 DLC limit so had to be split up as two downloads, plus you'll notice they had to resort to low-LOD models (see: blurry faces) during certain bits with lots of characters to even keep it down to that.

I know they've included a combat arena that will feature the Collectors from multiplayer (explained via a glitch, I think).

Guess I'll find out tomorrow whether it's worth it or not.

OK, I just finished the main mission part of it.

The concept (and execution) is a little goofy but very enjoyably so. It does feel more like a 'deleted episode' or whatever you'd call it, where the writers can cut loose and go a little sillier; which does make it very Whedonesque. Except, it does try and ground the story to a plausible concept, which you may or may not like.

That said, I absolutely loved the character interaction stuff. I found myself laughing out loud or grinning like an idiot far too many times to count. Being able to bring Javik and Wrex along is great, too.

"For times like this, my people had an ancient saying: kill him."

"Catchy. I like it."

It's just a shame I was too busy charging about as a vanguard (going 'RAARGH'; and Javik's particle rifle is hella noisy), because there's a lot of great combat banter going on, too. Plus, Mark Meer is really good at the comedic stuff.

And, that's not everything. There's a whole bunch of post-mission stuff and I really look forward to reuniting with ME2 squadmembers for the combat arena.

So basically it's fan service hidden as DLC. Again it sounds absolutely up my alley I just wish they would have released THIS particular piece with the game. The Garrus sniping scene in ME3 was one of the best moments in bro history, hands down. I wish I could have had more. Not to mention as a Miranda-lover having only like one scene with her was damn empty.

It's not really hidden. :P If you like the Garrus sniping scene, then yeah, you will most likely love this.

And I've only had one scene with Miranda so far, but it was funny and the tone is markedly different to the rest of ME3 (they even shifted the romance theme into a major key)...which is a refreshing change

god dammit. I'm actually pissed I don't own ME3 anymore. Guess I'll have to survive with waiting a few days until the clips i care about are online.

Here's the first Miranda scene, if that helps. Be warned though, it has MASSIVE SPOILERS for the main plot (and a good job I spoiler tagged it because it seems even the preview image has one)

Edited by Hot Heart
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

1625_440849272657128_1725783387_n.jpg

I skewed the statistics by playing every class (doubling up with Soldier and Infiltrator)!

That said, there certainly is a lot of 'BUT WHY WOULD ANYONE PLAY THE MOST BORING CLASS WHEN YOU CAN HAVE COOL POWERS!'.  Having beaten the game a couple times, I gotta say...it's just way faster to shoot things.

The number of people who didn't see Wrex makes me super sad.

The Wrex one isn't too surprising when you take into account that the Long Service Medal, acquired for playing ME3 twice or through importing a save, was only gotten by 40% of players. And you need an ME2 save with Wrex alive to meet Wrex in ME3, he's dead by canon. Which incidentally means at least 60% of people were either new to the franchise at ME3, or didn't carry over a save for whatever reasons. Which might explain some of the other stats too (such as high amount of Soldier and MaleShep players)

Also "Chose to save" is not a wording I would use.  :mad:

I always played as Femshep through both ME2 and ME3 and I chose Ashley over Kaiden. I tried to play ME3 as male shepard and I went with kaiden, but it was really fucking weird. It seemed really...dull compared to being a female and picking the female party member over the male one.

Also, Renegade on ME3 is badass. The game actually does change drastically if youre an asshole.