Games You've Bought 2024: This Is My Favorite Store on the Citadel

bR1Q3rX.jpegRqlrouO.jpeg

Don't know if I'll get into them immediately at launch (FW comes out in 4 days and I just got started on Persona 5 Strikers) but I've been anticipating them too much not to just get them immediately. Also grabbed some retro/nostalgic games while they're on sale :

6y1ZXqu.jpegqPRFqhU.jpeg

Really curious to see if these will be as good as I remember them being.

Edited by toxicitizen
  • Rock On 2

I mostly played the Genesis versions as well but I do remember struggling with the magic carpet level in the SNES version. My memories of Lion King aren't as clear, though, but I'm sure it'll come back to me once I play it.

I just remembered there's also a Jurassic Park Collection that came out. I wonder if it includes that one Genesis game where you played as a raptor in some levels. I remember enjoying that one.

On 3/17/2024 at 8:16 PM, toxicitizen said:

bR1Q3rX.jpegRqlrouO.jpeg

Don't know if I'll get into them immediately at launch (FW comes out in 4 days and I just got started on Persona 5 Strikers) but I've been anticipating them too much not to just get them immediately.

Good set of games. I am half tempted by GoT on PC mind. Was beautiful on PS4 - so many pics taken in photo mode!

Got this in the sale for Steamdeck
Disgaea 5 Complete | Nintendo Switch games | Games | Nintendo

The PSP discussion on Discord other day had my nostalgia for the many many many many many hours I put into Disgaea back in the day. I do worry that I am no longer not a working bill payer mind so this might be a danger.

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor | StarWars.com

And I got this for PS5. Was a quid cheaper than Steam and while I'd like to have got it for PC to play on my desktop the reviews on Steam all hammer it for running like dogshit so I'd rather not bother there. And got the first one on playstation anyway so might as well continue that lineage.

Got a long weekend off this week so might just veg out gaming :P

• 4 weeks later...

image.jpeg.52752448d4a26b6fc177a2239012b1eb.jpeg

Got the Digital Collector's Edition. I'm still like two full expansions behind in the main story but there isn't much else to spend my money on right now, so why the hell not. I'm gonna want those CE bonuses at some point, anyway, so might as well get that pre-order bonus while I'm at it.

There's probably no hope of me catching up in time for the early access period but I might use this as an excuse to jump back in and finally make some progress in the MSQ. Thank fuck they implemented a system to clear dungeons with NPCs, though. It's been so long that I have no idea how to play anymore. And I kinda want to switch my job to Dark Knight for Shadowbringers, which means learning how to tank properly. Definitely don't wanna jump in with randoms before I know what I'm doing lol.

Edited by toxicitizen

FrpsY64.jpg

That would be the Collector Box. It includes only the physical stuff without the game or any of the digital rewards I'm getting with the Digital Collector's Edition. It basically exists for Steam players that can't buy the regular physical Collector's Edition. I tried getting one for Endwalker but that one sold out insanely fast. I'm really surprised this one is still available only 2 months from launch. I guess there might be less hype for this expansion than there was for Endwalker, since that was the big climax of an almost decade long story arc. Either that or there's more stock available this time.

Anyway, yeah, I've been continuing the main story where I had left off two years ago and I very quickly remembered that this game is really fucking good. I don't know if I'll be able to catch up in time for Dawntrail but I'm almost at the start of Shadowbringers, so it's definitely doable as long as I don't get burned out and stop. That would probably require playing almost nothing else for the next two months, though. And in that two months there's Ghost of Tsushima, Shin Megami Tensei V Vengeance and Akuma coming out... Shadow of the Erdtree as well but I've already given up on playing that at launch. Ideally, I'd like to at least catch up in time to play SMTV before Dawntrail.

So many games, so little time. 😭

• Rock On 1

For me it's not even the male-gaziness of it so much as the fact that the characters look like they're from a different game than the world is. Like somebody dropped anime characters into a moderately realistic game without any changes to the characters.

I've heard it's a lot of fun though.

• Like 1

92e55f9f19a879a0d94779d023855387.png

and, related

61jRMCAX4CL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I'm tired of being so CPU limited (currently have a 12600k) and even though in Homeworld specifically I will still be CPU limited, it'll be significantly less, and also this is the fastest CPU I can get without a mobo upgrade (the 15 series ones are expected later this year, but they'll be on a different socket).

Sadly the CPU won't get here till Monday so I'm gonna have to make myself play something else while I wait.

• Rock On 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I made a first batch of purchases, mostly dirt cheap stuff that's not really worth posting. I have other games I'm planning to get later on but for now this is my one big purchase :

nSmuMfI.jpeg

I still need to catch up before I can play it but I'll always be there day 1 for Trails. Or technically day -6, I guess, since they handled this one differently. I guess NISA got sick of having their lunch stolen by the Clouded Leopard chinese releases because they actually started selling the PC version over a year ago. The english localization won't be added until July 5th but since the game is already being sold they didn't even need to setup pre-orders, just a special bundle for the launch bonuses/discounts.

edit:

Completely forgot to post it but I also bought this like a week ago :

eDtVPPB.png

I wasn't going to play it anytime soon because I wanted to start a brand new run but seeing everyone and their grandma playing it made me want to fire up the game and next thing I knew I was doing all the optional content I still hadn't done and watching lore videos on youtube and accessing the DLC area. I was supposed to be playing the new FFXIV expansion this month. Oops...

Edited by toxicitizen
  • Rock On 1