Games You've Bought 2024: This Is My Favorite Store on the Citadel

Hey forum's finally back! I'm sure you've all been eagerly waiting to find out what I grabbed during the Steam sale. :P

My big purchases were:

whuiSeh.png lXkDt2y.png 8ZXlGhz.png eL7I4Oj.png  Sgbibqe.png JAYIPnP.png 8or2LDo.pngAhXlcbY.png

I also grabbed a bunch of smaller cheap games that aren't really worth posting individually. And at one point I was pruning my wishlist to remove all the "if I haven't bought it by now, I never will" games, and that actually led to me grabbing some more dirt cheap games... Anyway, most of it should be here (just ignore Trails, can't be bothered to edit it out even though I already posted it):

TojzwYR.png

• Rock On 2

I also bought a bunch of stuff in the Steam sale...

header.jpg

header.jpg

header.jpg

header.jpg

header.jpg

header.jpg

Assassin's Creed and Mirror's Edge Catalyst I just got cause I wanted to have them on Steam, the rest were cheap and I just thought looked cool. I'd previously tried TMNT when it was on Game Pass and it didn't click, but when I tried it again it really hooked me and I beat the whole game in one sitting.

• Rock On 2

• 4 weeks later...

I guess I forgot to post it at the time but I pre-ordered this a few months ago

CNj4EsY.png

Atlus went from not releasing on PC at all to actually having a PC Collector's Edition pretty quickly. You love to see it. Especially considering most publishers don't bother having a physical CE for their Steam releases.

This release is kind of annoying, though. It seems the CE is exclusive to VideoGamesPlus in Canada but they're not carrying the PC version of the CE, for some reason. Might be because the SKU came later and wasn't included in their deal with Atlus or something. So I had to order this from Amazon US. Which means I'll have to pay an import fee on top of receiving the game late.

At least it'll give me an extra few days to finish the Silent Hill 2 remake, I guess...

• Rock On 1

I have been on quite the adventure the last few days.

It all started off, as you may recall, with me getting a Core i9 14900k in May. That led to me being dissatisfied with my GPU performance, which ultimately resulted in me breaking down and buying this:

711vU2IrEuL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

RTX 4090 ftw! I had carefully measured to make sure it would fit in my case, so I was very excited when it arrived and ready to install it immediately and start gaming.

It did not fit in my case.

So! One 2.5 hour round trip to Wichita later and I have this baby:

71XO-m7qldL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Corsair 5000D RGB mid tower. Plenty of space, has the nice panel in the back to hide all the power cables, really a nice upgrade that was a long time coming, my old case was like 15+ years old. Anyway the new case can let you control the front fan colors with the temperatures of your system components. Neat! So I started setting that up and uh oh, turns out my CPU is regularly getting up to 100C during regular gameplay. Guess my CPU fan isn't cutting it. No problem, I can solve that!

image.png

Cooler Master MasterLiquid 360mm water cooler! Hooray! That'll keep my CPU nice and chilled out. The water cooler arrived this morning, I installed it before work (didn't have to be in until 10:45 today), went to check how my CPU temps were doing and... it won't post.

:bun-WTF::bun-cry::bun-wah::bun-throw:

Go to work pissed, because by that time was out of time. Came home, did extensive testing, and determined that the entire B memory channel on my mobo was dead. Slots A1 & A2 both work, but putting anything in either B1 or B2 causes it to fail to post. As you are no doubt aware, the PC can only access one RAM stick per channel at any given time, so while putting sticks in A1 & A2 gives you the same total capacity as A1 & B1, it effectively cuts the speed in half. This is unacceptable.

Which brings us to my most recent purchase, made only minutes ago:

81VisyZMvVL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

81ov4cFmdaL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

New motherboard and 32GB of DDR5 RAM, set to arrive Sunday.

So anyway, basically I wanted a new CPU and have ended up replacing every single part in my PC except for the power supply and one fan (the rear exhaust).

To close, I'll leave you with a comic:

success.png

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, toxicitizen said:

Upgrading to a 14th gen CPU given the issues they have and a 4090 with the 50 series right around the corner was certainly a choice lol. Hopefully that's the last of your issues with the build...

I ordered that CPU like a week before hearing about all the issues, and I specifically chose it because I didn't want to have to replace my mobo too...

*Edit - As for the 4090, I have no justification besides the fact that several games came out recently that I've been very frustrated with the performance of my old card, and I got tired of waiting for the 50 series to be announced (it'll be next week now that I actually bought one). I am at least confident that once this PC is *working* I shouldn't have any trouble running games at least until the PS6 comes out.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, TheMightyEthan said:

I ordered that CPU like a week before hearing about all the issues, and I specifically chose it because I didn't want to have to replace my mobo too...

Damn, that sucks... 😕

13 minutes ago, TheMightyEthan said:

*Edit - As for the 4090, I have no justification besides the fact that several games came out recently that I've been very frustrated with the performance of my old card, and I got tired of waiting for the 50 series to be announced (it'll be next week now that I actually bought one). I am at least confident that once this PC is *working* I shouldn't have any trouble running games at least until the post

PS6 comes out.

Yeah, I'm with you on the performance. I'm not super satisfied with the way my 3080 handles demanding games (especially at my ultrawide's native resolution) and it's been tempting to upgrade now that I can afford to drop that kind of money on a whim.

I guess I'm better with money than I thought, though, because I just can't bring myself to upgrade yet since this build still feels fairly new (and the GPU was the last component I added, too). The 40-series also didn't feel like a significant enough upgrade but the 5080 is going to be tempting...

Then again, I haven't really been playing any demanding games lately. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by toxicitizen
  • Like 1