Battlefield thread...

excaliburps

35 members have voted

1. 1. What System are you buying BF3 for?

• PC
    • PS3
    • Xbox
    • Unsure
    • Not Buying

BF3 will likely be the last EA game I buy if they keep up this shit. I'm really torn on this. One side of my brain is telling me that I'll still enjoy playing BF3 despite my grievances while the other is screaming at me to cancel my preorder rather than give into EA. I'm sorry guys, I can't stand by you on this one, even if I do want to. My willpower is just too weak when it comes to BF3. On the plus side, I can report back on the quality of the release version and so on.

BF3 will likely be the last EA game I buy if they keep up this shit. I'm really torn on this. One side of my brain is telling me that I'll still enjoy playing BF3 despite my grievances while the other is screaming at me to cancel my preorder rather than give into EA. I'm sorry guys, I can't stand by you on this one, even if I do want to. My willpower is just too weak when it comes to BF3. On the plus side, I can report back on the quality of the release version and so on.

At least you can admit it.

Were you in the BF3 alpha perchance?

At least you can admit it.

Were you in the BF3 alpha perchance?

No, the fuckers never sent me an invite. From the sounds of it, it's probably a good thing that I wasn't. It seems the alpha was as much a turn off as the recent news.

Yeah, it was pretty awful. That's coming from a Battlefield fanatic too. I'm late to the party on BC2, but I would definitely say BF3 felt more like BC3 than BF2. The movement was too fast, and I would have canceled my pre order just because of the dolphin diving, honestly. I started shooting at the ground in preparation for people dropping it was so bad in a couple servers.

"fake realism" makes me think you're being sarcastic but I'm going to assume you're not and agree. Back when I was moderating servers, I'd say the biggest portion of our kicks were from a)people dolphin diving and jumping about and B) people complaining that such a rule is silly* and we're silly*. I've always liked being able to immerse myself into a match and nothing ruins that faster than some bunnyhopping, dolphin diving noob that thinks he's got skills simply because he bunnyhops and dolphin dives...yet still dies when doing so.

Hacked this sucker out.

http://deltagamer.co...-of-battlefield

EDIT: And yes, from everyone I've talked to, it's less BF2 and more BC2. For what it's worth.

I'm having problems connecting to that webpage. Overloaded?

Edited by MasterDex

To show how much in the dark I am of the actual game... dolphin diving? You mean like the move in Black Ops? Ugh... I already hate the folks who already go prone the moment shit goes down (Like someone with ED). Eh. Waiting and seeing how it all ultimately pans out. I know I can adapt to them but yeah. What Yant said.

To show how much in the dark I am of the actual game... dolphin diving? You mean like the move in Black Ops? Ugh... I already hate the folks who already go prone the moment shit goes down (Like someone with ED). Eh. Waiting and seeing how it all ultimately pans out. I know I can adapt to them but yeah. What Yant said.

Yep. The good old jump-immediately go prone type of deal.

I'm not 100% sure about this, but I also can't seem to remember any game having as fast on the ground movement as BF3. I feel like I would be a lot more excited about it and perhaps willing to overlook the Origin mishaps if I felt like the game was actually good. Sure it was just an alpha, but they've got a long way to go before it's on the level of BF2.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it really that similar to BFBC2? I didn't much care for the multiplayer demo of BFBC2 that I played.

I got into the alpha, played for about an hour, then uninstalled it and never looked back.

It's basically BC2 all over again, except all the good bits from BC2 are gone. So it's somehow worse.

BUT DON'T WORRY, THERE'S JETS NOW.