Battlefield thread...

excaliburps

35 members have voted

1. 1. What System are you buying BF3 for?

• PC
    • PS3
    • Xbox
    • Unsure
    • Not Buying

Knifing is much better than alpha/beta.

Also, why have they made US assaults black? Political Correctness? Again? Fuck that.

image.png

Shame it's not my screenshot.

Inability to properly baserape noobs is kinda disappointing, but I can cope with that. Weapons feel fine, but some pussies are already whining about nerfing, etc. Russian VO could be better, but still great. Need a new rig, so stopped playing for now.

Btw, here's our server for those who are in Europe http://www.gametrack...99.67.94:25210/

CQ Large, All Maps, vanilla preset. I hope it will be in top100 like our BFBC2 server.

I do have something to say - Grow the fuck up.

U MAD? U MAD.

Can't believe you anwsered that. It seems statistics don't lie.

Punk Buster had a function that allowed for an admin to request a screen shot from a client. It was a way to check for wall hacks. Unfortunately, the shit never worked. There was talk that they were going to make sure it worked for BF3.

Last time I tried that in BF3 the players whose screenshots I requested were kicked from the server by PB. Admin tools still have a lot of problems, for example VIP slots don't work.

Edited by Maritan

For those that are in and playing, I made a BF3 Platoon for PXoD people. There might not be many of us actually playing, but it'll be a place to at least snark at each others stats or do whatever the fuck platoons are supposed to do.

For those that aren't in, you can at least look at the logo for it. I feel like a 5 year old.

Dean, I had a similar login problem. My email and pw weren't recognised, then I logged in on PS3, redeemed passes etc and played a couple of rounds. I can now log-in just fine. Think you may need to be installed and registered to access battlelog.

So the only way to access Battlelog is if you own the game?

@Sporkwaffles: Groovy logo.

Yeah the error from before has now changed:

Buy BF3 to get access to Battlelog.

Well that's really sweet. Can I make a suggestion that EA/DICE remove this stupid artificial limitation asap? It's not like I'm now going to go "oh well, I was going to look at a friend/platoons stats, looks like I can only do that if I buy the game, well lets load up Origin n put in my CC details". I can see folks stats on xbox.com without needing XBL Gold, don't even need to sign in to see Steam stats. Uncharted 2? No problemo. But BF3? Obviously they're a special case. I have an origin account, that's what it wants, but I need a special Origin account.

Which btw does the game not require Origin as promised or does the fact it's asking for your Origin account give the answer away? I know the game has no in-built launcher for anything, as the alpha/beta suggested which already has the lovely side effect of:

Btw, here's our server for those who are in Europe http://www.gametrack...99.67.94:25210/

CQ Large, All Maps, vanilla preset. I hope it will be in top100 like our BFBC2 server.

Punk Buster had a function that allowed for an admin to request a screen shot from a client. It was a way to check for wall hacks. Unfortunately, the shit never worked. There was talk that they were going to make sure it worked for BF3.

Last time I tried that in BF3 the players whose screenshots I requested were kicked from the server by PB. Admin tools still have a lot of problems, for example VIP slots don't work.

I added your server to my favorites. Yeah the server tools are a work in progress.

If this isn't the most over the top big shooty shooty man shoot I ever played then EA have failed.....THEY ARE LUCKY MY FRIENDS ARE GETTING IT TOO AND MY PC IS SUPER AWESOME!......have the server issues been ironed out yet?

They are being worked on. The server tools are 3rd party but have the nod of approval from dice. (Talking about ProCon)

I'm not sure it's entirely set up yet but the =IBF2= server is running now. Look for =IBF2= Public Server.

Yeah, you need to have the game to use Battlelog. Just tried to login and it told me in big red letters: Buy BF3 to get access to Battelog.

Yup I found it. Added it to my favorites. I'm in the US on the east coast but I get playable ping to Euro servers. :D

Yeah the error from before has now changed:

Buy BF3 to get access to Battlelog.

Well that's really sweet. Can I make a suggestion that EA/DICE remove this stupid artificial limitation asap? It's not like I'm now going to go "oh well, I was going to look at a friend/platoons stats, looks like I can only do that if I buy the game, well lets load up Origin n put in my CC details". I can see folks stats on xbox.com without needing XBL Gold, don't even need to sign in to see Steam stats. Uncharted 2? No problemo. But BF3? Obviously they're a special case. I have an origin account, that's what it wants, but I need a special Origin account.

Which btw does the game not require Origin as promised or does the fact it's asking for your Origin account give the answer away? I know the game has no in-built launcher for anything, as the alpha/beta suggested which already has the lovely side effect of:

http://twitter.com/j...456802302664704

http://twitter.com/j...457430605201408

Still requires Origin. It's origin that makes your Soldier's name. Because of this, you can only have one Soldier, which is my biggest complaint. Double edged sword though. This method means that if you are banned for hacking you're screwed.

As for the Stats. Most BF games always show stats within the game (in their past in game browsers). So it's no surprise you wouldn't have access to Battlelog without owning the game. However, if you wanted to see stats then this battlefield will also follow the tradition of 3rd party stat tracking websites which were always better than the first party.

http://bf3stats.com/ - Still a work in progress. It should be released today in fact.

Edited by Nezacant

Yeah it's a pain in the arse. Every night we get around 20ish but I'm having a hard time filling this server.

EDIT: Speaking of! BF3 servers are going down today for a server update. (R5) And ProCon had an update as well.

EDIT2: Public service announcement. There is a plague of phishing attempts happening in the battlelog forums. It will be in link form and when you click it, it asks you to log in with your BF3 account info.

Edited by Nezacant

http://twitter.com/j...456802302664704

http://twitter.com/j...457430605201408

This is not true. The amount of hate and misinformation about this game is baffling. Haters gunna hate I guess.

If you have no internet or no access to the website, Origin goes into offline mode. From there you still have access to you games. Click on BF3 while in offline mode and the single player campaign will start up rather than Battlelog.

I've always been fond of throwing down a assault ammo lunchbox and then coating the area with smoke grenades in BC2. Can you still do this in BF3? And can you still bean people with said smoke grenades?

You'll need a Support class to provide the infinite ammo now, but yeah, pretty much.

Edit: Found a little bug with the weapon descriptions.

Edited by Sporkwaffles

If you have no internet or no access to the website, Origin goes into offline mode. From there you still have access to you games. Click on BF3 while in offline mode and the single player campaign will start up rather than Battlelog.

How would Origin know if the Battlelog website is down though? IF your PC has no internet at all that's easy enough to tell, but if a remote website is down or inaccessible then only your web browser will be returning the 404 or whatever. Unless the EULA clause about scanning your computer involved checking what your web browser is doing in which case Origin can GTFO out of my PC.

btw those of you with BF3 servers hit me up (if you want) can maybe toss them up on either/both PXOD n the steam group.

How would Origin know if the Battlelog website is down though? IF your PC has no internet at all that's easy enough to tell, but if a remote website is down or inaccessible then only your web browser will be returning the 404 or whatever. Unless the EULA clause about scanning your computer involved checking what your web browser is doing in which case Origin can GTFO out of my PC.

btw those of you with BF3 servers hit me up (if you want) can maybe toss them up on either/both PSOX n the steam group.

If battlelog is down and you still have internet you can put origin into offline mode manually. Takes two clicks.

Edited by Nezacant