Battlefield thread...

excaliburps

35 members have voted

1. 1. What System are you buying BF3 for?

• PC
    • PS3
    • Xbox
    • Unsure
    • Not Buying

The plugins went a bit out of control with BC2. Hopefully BF3 gets a decent amount of plugin support to help admins without too much shit getting added. As it stands, BF3CC is woefully underdeveloped and Procon, while mildly better doesn't seem to play very nice with the servers at the moment (Changing map using Procon crashed the server on more than one occasion.

For those of you that have servers set up, I have a question. Have you played around with the settings much or have you stuck to Hardcore/Normal? We've been playing around with our server settings quite a bit switching from normal to hardcore to custom to try and figure out the right balance that everyone is happy with. The best settings we've found was using 75% health, HUD, no crosshairs, no regen, no killcam, 3D spotting on. It provided a nice balance between Normal and Hardcore. Also, have you noticed PB turning itself off? It's happened a few times with our server, no idea why.

I dislike hardcore just because a random noob can kill you right off the bat. But normal was... too easy in BC2.

The best settings we've found was using 75% health, HUD, no crosshairs, no regen, no killcam, 3D spotting on. It provided a nice balance between Normal and Hardcore.

I'd turn of 3d spotting, and i'd need your server IP :D

I dislike hardcore just because a random noob can kill you right off the bat. But normal was... too easy in BC2.

The best settings we've found was using 75% health, HUD, no crosshairs, no regen, no killcam, 3D spotting on. It provided a nice balance between Normal and Hardcore.

I'd turn of 3d spotting, and i'd need your server IP :D

I would too but some of the lads like it. I think we're back to plain normal mode now....we're in a state of flux for the time being. I totally agree with what you say about hardcore and normal. It'd be great to have a good balance between the two that still gets a good influx of players.

Honest question, don't take it the wrong way.

Really really good? Or usually quit before round ends in a loss?

Yes, really good. We've been playing BF2 and BFBC2 together for more than a year now, and we use TS for communication. When you quit it counts as a loss. besides, quitting and then joining the game again is too troublesome. Right now I can't play so I just handle the server administration.

Unfortunately, stats only get upped at the end of a round (or at least that's my understanding), so if you quit before round-end none of your terrible death streaks, horrible accuracy or appalling defeats are recorded.

Stats are tracked in real time, you can check that yourself.

I don't think I like the co-op very much. It needs checkpoints. No, not because it's too hard (although enemies do seem to have ridiculously good aim) but because the game crashes too damn much. Every time I or my partner disconnects or crashes I have to do the whole friggin thing over again. I have yet to finish a single mission because of it. Alas, if I want those guns I have to do it.

The plugins went a bit out of control with BC2. Hopefully BF3 gets a decent amount of plugin support to help admins without too much shit getting added. As it stands, BF3CC is woefully underdeveloped and Procon, while mildly better doesn't seem to play very nice with the servers at the moment (Changing map using Procon crashed the server on more than one occasion.

For those of you that have servers set up, I have a question. Have you played around with the settings much or have you stuck to Hardcore/Normal? We've been playing around with our server settings quite a bit switching from normal to hardcore to custom to try and figure out the right balance that everyone is happy with. The best settings we've found was using 75% health, HUD, no crosshairs, no regen, no killcam, 3D spotting on. It provided a nice balance between Normal and Hardcore. Also, have you noticed PB turning itself off? It's happened a few times with our server, no idea why.

Sorry, I've been away because my computer went down. All back up and running again.

I haven't noticed PB turning itself off. However I haven't been messing with that many settings. My group, with the exception of a few, doesn't like hardcore mode. (I personally do, especially Friendly Fire) One thing that we can't figure out is why our server will randomly drop off of the server browser and will not return until we restart the server. It's happened a lot in the past week. We put in a trouble ticket to gameservers. I'm also still frustrated with getting people on the server and when we do, the server crashing. :(

Edited by Nezacant

Yeah, i couldn't get 2142 to run on W7 either :( And yeah, it's the best BF. The game fixed (almost) everything that was wrong with BF2, and it had WALKERS. The gunship was pretty cool as well. And i think we all agree on the Titan mode.

TN, get some people at EA to get someone (not DICE) to make... 2143? I'll pay you 3 internets.

• 2 weeks later...