Weird & Wonderful Web

deanb

I could not think of a worse advert an eco-electric company could have come up with. There are so many positive things you could show for green power, even including regeneration of old power sites, but instead they're creating sympathy for the old power and making themselves seem evil in the process. Genius!

Turns out one of my friends helped animate this. Small world.

EDIT: This guy, incidentally http://www.matthewkeen.co.uk/

Edited by Thursday Next

Tesco does that too through Clubcard. I'm wowed by just how refined the supermarket process is. The amount of raw data they end up handling n analysing n refining. It's pretty cool tbh. If in a 5 minute window 20 people more than average arrive then the system knows that in 30 minutes they need to open up another till. Tesco currently throws vouchers at me for sandwiches and bottles of pop since that's my main use of them (main shop is through Asda).

Two things about that article. Firstly, why would the Dad get so mental because they sent his daughter some baby vouchers?! Storming into the shop and shouting sounds a bit OTT. I got send baby vouchers after I bought some baby wipes instead of hand wipes as they were better value. I thought it was slightly amusing and a waste of their time, and that was it.

Secondly, I'm a bit surprised they link sales to your credit card. I know the whole point of reward cards is to track your sales, but you sign up for those and receive tangible benefits. I don't like the fact they would assign IDs and track you without your permission.

Actually they are resizeable. It's an extension of the current snap feature of Windows 7, so you can split it in two and have say 1/4 of screen taken up by your twitter app and the rest with IE. Or whatever programs take your fancy.

http://www.youtube.c...QfWOw88I#t=124s - like so.

(Though I'm not gonna step in the way of the inevitable windows hate, it is the shit version. (Win ME = shit, XP = good, Vista = shit, Win 7= good, Win 8 = shit)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqxVsAP0ndE

A taaad bit NSFW so watch at home and away from the miss and the children. Well, out here in the West at least.
Anyways, its a good animation piece and I've been trying to find more independent studios stuff to watch lately.
  • Like 2