Weird & Wonderful Web

deanb

My friend also alerted me to this.

And Rita Izsak [the UN's independent expert on minority issues] encourages white people to do some research.

"Look at the pictures, read the history and you will understand why black people feel offended, it's really the hair which defines what it is to be black.

"They have suffered from inferiority for so many centuries and the last thing we should want, is to remind them of that past."

She ends our interview with an ultimate statement: "You don't mess with black hair."

Please tell me that was just poorly translated, or a non-native English speaker expressing themselves strangely...

Continuing my line of videos that we would never have seen without the web thus it is wonderful. This time got to be a bit somber or frightful. If I recall correctly, the storms that went over IL (The storm pretty much blanketed IL and WI with red warnings) really fast at around 60 mph. Hence why this tornado came on them so fast.

Comparing labeling states to labeling cities in another country is a stupid comparison. If you gave the average american a map of Europe they would probably be able to fill it in just as well. 

Who's comparing it to labeling cities?  Why the hostility?  It's just a silly thing.

Anyway, you're absolutely right that Americans are just as bad at Europe.

Was amusing my younger sister with the mosquito sound stuff this weekend. She was fascinated that she could hear noises and my dad and step-mum all being "what noise?". Though it took a while until my dad actually could hear something (but not surprising given his years engineering).