Weird & Wonderful Web

deanb

For most of my produce scraps, I compost them. Only exceptions are garlic, onions and citrus. If I ever get a Bokashi composter going, then I can even do those with even meat and bread. Kind of need a traditional compost pile though to "cook" the Bokashi'd material to finish it off.

For food waste... the only major lost recently was a week ago with me leaving the stove on with a pot of white sauce with veggies. God, I'm still pissed. That was about 4 days of dinner. The only other case of food waste that I recall is a package of Trader's Joe green beans that molded. I can't say that I trust packaged veggies now. Still kind of miffed about that.

Microsoft has a shit app store, shit tablet sales,  fuck all phone sales (unless you count their Android revenue) and no PMP. Apple however is doing gang busters on all of those. What is interesting is the profit, which MS is doing quite well on. Though once they make Office and upgrade the number on the box by a year (or add "365" on the end and make it a sub) is practically pure profit.

Of course the super interesting one is Amazon, an amazingly large company that's expanding at a pretty consistent rate in revenue and markets and has produced the same amount of profit in all it's years.

• Like 1