Weird & Wonderful Web

deanb

I don't know why I love this so much, but I do. I first saw it years ago and downloaded it, which was lucky because it disappeared off youtube so I could still watch it every now and again. Back then it had really few views so I was very surprised when it turned up on tumblr and even more so when I clicked through to youtube to see it had 2.5M views. Mad, but it's nice to think a little bit of joy is in so many people's lives.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've spent quite a while trying to find an alternative to Tubechop, which no longer seems to work, and I think I've finally found one.  Youtubestartend.com.  I don't know why it was kept such a secret.  I had to do quite a bit of digging to learn about its existence.  But if you need a tool to share specific clips, there you go.

• 2 weeks later...

Jeff Bezos covered nearly 20 years ago in the days of CRTs, Netscape Navigator, and Amazon selling more than just books. He's now worth over $100billion and the richest man in the world.

It's funny there's a slight bit in it where a guy is talking about how he's thinking it's "gambling" that so much is invested in internet companies. Though also compares it to Sears. hahah :P

"one of your employees said you collect half a gigabyte, whatever that is, in information on customers every day"

(I think it's a bit cruel they framed in so close on Bezos, mind).

• Like 1