Weird & Wonderful Web

deanb

@deanb I just heard on the radio the other day that it's enough of a problem that Amazon is conducting sting operations with local police using fake packages with GPS trackers in areas where it's common. The shortest time so far between delivery and theft was 30 seconds.

@Mal That's awesome. My guess is they hooked the fork up to a handheld drill.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

YT Version:

The book one is the one that looks kinda BS to me, but after watching MKBHD's vid on the lens, I believe it may be achievable by filming it in reverse using the lens light thingy and then editing a bit to improve colour and details. :P Don't listen to me though, I know nothing about video/photography. :P 

Well obviously that's not how cameras "shoot". ? Up until the book though I thought the zooming in parts could plausibly be some kind of crazy zoom in effect, rather than actually sticking the lens inside the object, but when it goes between the pages of the book it looks obviously computer animated. Obviously that shot couldn't be gotten by zooming, and it doesn't even look like they were physically shoving the lens in there either.

• 2 months later...

When it works, it's really cool, and the details behind it are interesting, when it doesn't work... It's something fun to try, and maybe show it to other people, see how it goes. :P 

Spoiler

I picked the Ace,  can't pick anything else when there's an Ace in play. :P 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

It's finally done! If you are in anyway a fan of 40K then you should know of this fan series. Park 1-4 are rather grounded and shows the might of the space marines. Part 5... well, there's Inquisitors. 

I cannot wait to see this continue. It does Warhammer 40K justice that even Games Workshop cannot do.

And yeah, quite the contrast to my previous post...

Edited by Mal
  • Rock On 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...