Jump to content

Commodore 64


deanb

Recommended Posts

Oh, god. Not going to post much in this thread. I can't expose my brain to that much melancholic nostalgia.

When I first played WASTELAND, I knew I was going to play games for the rest of my life. C64s are what made me who I am today.

I will always love you, Interplay.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You see, I'm old. I have probably used the C64 in my journeys, but can't remember when or where.

 

My first PC I got to train on (learning the guts and such) was a TRS80. I did my first word processing on that, though not much. In that same classroom, there were cards everywhere with holes poked out of them. Later, I would learn their purpose, which most people would like to forget.

 

I played a little on the Apple II (listed as a link in that article from Dean). My school got a computer and it was one of these. And my uncle had one, too. He was pretty tech savvy, much more than anyone else I had known.

 

I learned some real simple programming/graphic type things using the Atari 400 (also listed as a link in that article from Dean). Then, I got onto a decent computer that was real simple. We had boot discs and such. That is when I started to learn how to use databases, which was so f'n ridiculous back then. After that, on those same computers, I learned BASIC.

 

I know my mom also had a computer, because we would drive an hour to buy discs for it. I recall it having super simple games, such as the side scroller where a carrot symbol is your space ship, the space bar fired a minus sign across the screen, and the astericks symbols were after you. Up and down arrows were all that functioned on a monochrome screen.

 

I do recall the C64 being the top dog in the computer section in those days, but don't, for the life of me, remember even seeing one.

 

/senile

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...