deanb Posted August 23, 2012 Report Share Posted August 23, 2012 So what are your thoughts on the matter? There's been a somewhat high end case recently in the UK about a man wishing to get help with ending his own life. He died the other day http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-19341722 I'm generally for it. I can understand the issues with "what if family push them into it in order to claim on inheritance", but it kinda assumes the worst of people, both family members and those with crippling terminal illnesses looking to end their life. I think it shouldn't be too hard to have systems put in place that allow people to express a wish to die, and it shouldn't be too hard like in Tony Nicklinsons case where he is perfectly sound of mind, just not of body. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mr. GOH! Posted August 23, 2012 Report Share Posted August 23, 2012 Only voluntarily and only in cases where the person seeking euthanasia has been diagnosed with a serious disease which will cause unbearable pain requiring near-constant anesthesia or a disease resulting in severe degeneration of the mind (serious Alzheimer's, for example). In the cases of brain-dead comatose people, a living will is sufficient and dispositive, otherwise I believe whoever is providing care may make the decision either to pull the plug or keep it in. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
MasterDex Posted August 23, 2012 Report Share Posted August 23, 2012 I don't think I could sum up my opinion on the matter any better than Mr. GOH! has already done for me. So yeah, what he said. Also, screw other people. If I ever get to the point where every day alive is a nightmare of pain with only the release of death to look forward to2, I'm offing myself. If anyone wants to help me with doing that, then all the more respect to them...unless of course they want me out of the way so they can steal my fortune. In that case, I'll power through whatever horrible humours I have to live through just to watch them squirm just a little bit longer. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
deanb Posted September 10, 2012 Author Report Share Posted September 10, 2012 http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2012/sep/08/law-assisted-dying-ridiculous-minister New UK Health Minister has been causing a rumble in parliament with some rather bold and outright statements on assisted dying. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mister Jack Posted September 10, 2012 Report Share Posted September 10, 2012 If they would rather die, then they had better do it and decrease the surplus population! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Strangelove Posted September 10, 2012 Report Share Posted September 10, 2012 I think anyone that wants to die should be allowed in a designated place in a designated method. Too many bloody bathrooms and smelly bodies in the river. Just go to a clinic, pay them money, and have them kill you. Then they dispose of it any way you wanted them to. Most likely in the trash after being dissected for parts for some 76 year old who still wants to live for no real reason other than to not die. Asshole. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.