deanb Posted February 16, 2013 Report Share Posted February 16, 2013 https://kerbalspaceprogram.com/ There's a new more feature complete demo out now too https://kerbalspaceprogram.com/download.php Basically you design and launch spaceships to do orbiting, land on the Mun, and/or whatever the Mars equivalent is (I've not played in a while, I just know there's another planet added). It's pretty much trial and error all the way, but the error is so fun, and the payoff so great you just kinda keep going with new iterations each and every time. edit: In fact I've not played it for so long the demo is 3 versions ahead of the game I currently have installed. edit2: Her's a Giantbomb Quicklook. I hear some of you are fans. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
deanb Posted March 20, 2013 Author Report Share Posted March 20, 2013 http://store.steampowered.com/app/220200/ It's now on Steam as part of the new "Early Access Program" thingy. (which I assume is a reaction to the War Z thing). Am I the only person on this forum that's ever played this? Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
CrowKnow Posted March 21, 2013 Report Share Posted March 21, 2013 I've put a few hours into it... bought it after watching the GB quick look a while back and spent like a day launching rockets from the space plane area and planes from the rocket launch pad, then wondering why was I kept having to turn stuff in the editor before it would line up... Haven't played it since the patch that added the proper tutorial, KSP seems like a bit of a black hole time wise, especially with all the mods... so I'll eventually get back into it when the backlog is a bit smaller. Also for anyone who bought it prior to being released on steam Q: If I've already bought the game on the KSPStore, can I switch over to Steam? A: The answer to that is Yes, but not right now. We are going to set up a system on our store where you'll be able to get a Steam key for KSP provided you already have purchased the game. However, we are still working on the exact details of this feature, so it'll likely be a while until that's set up. We'll of course let you know when that becomes available. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mal Posted March 21, 2013 Report Share Posted March 21, 2013 I played it but I haven't bought the full thing. From what I played a year or two ago, it has potential and its fun to see their reactions. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
deanb Posted March 21, 2013 Author Report Share Posted March 21, 2013 If you played the demo a year or two back, as noted in the top post they updated the demo last month to the more modern game. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Luftwaffles Posted March 21, 2013 Report Share Posted March 21, 2013 I have played it. Don't own it at the moment, but would like to. It's good fun. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
deanb Posted June 18, 2013 Author Report Share Posted June 18, 2013 http://penny-arcade.com/report/article/nasas-jet-propulsion-lab-is-obsessed-with-a-certain-game-and-i-bet-you-can- An interview of sorts with NASAs Jet Propulsion Lab and their time playing KSP. Even trying to replicate the Mars Curiosity landing. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
deanb Posted August 5, 2013 Author Report Share Posted August 5, 2013 http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/ArtyomZuev/20130731/197365/Environment_art_and_modeling_in_Kerbal_Space_Program.php A pretty lengthy look at rebuilding the models used for the external world of KSP. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.