deanb Posted July 27, 2013 Report Share Posted July 27, 2013 Kinda surprised this game didn't have a post. The game is one of the bigger Kickstarter projects, raising $1.8million. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1613260297/shadowrun-returns One of the big features of the game being user created campaigns to expand the game. Which'll take a while to see how that matures, but will likely make the games major replayability elements. Purchasable on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/234650/ Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Saturnine Tenshi Posted July 27, 2013 Report Share Posted July 27, 2013 I went with a Street Samurai because I wasn't really certain whether Physical Adepts could use melee weapons or fists-only. Turns out they can use melee weapons. So I ended up with a Street Adept. Or Physical Samurai. Whatever you're going to label me. The archetypes are basically just starting points, and where you go from there is only a matter of how you decide to allocate your karma. What are you guys playing? Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
deanb Posted July 27, 2013 Author Report Share Posted July 27, 2013 I picked the mage because that's what I tend to do in games with a mage class. It does seem to be that you can change up what you do very early on, it's just how the initial spread of karma(character points) is worked out. Race seems to be the main bit for what affects what you can do, especially if you pick to be a Troll. Seems to be quite a few of the skills with "this is the maximum a Troll can level to". Though I think I saw one on the Dwarf limits too, maybe Body stat? Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Saturnine Tenshi Posted July 27, 2013 Report Share Posted July 27, 2013 I think they all have maximum stats. Humans and elves have the lowest body. How are ley lines working out for you? I haven't really seen many, and I tend to bring a mage along whenever the opportunity arises. Edit: I'm also finding that if something occludes a tile I'll have a great deal of trouble walking to or targeting it. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
deanb Posted August 5, 2013 Author Report Share Posted August 5, 2013 I don't fully understand what leylines do, just that I get like a particle effect flash up if my character is on one. (well, what I assume to be leylines, they're circles) Anywho, expanded campaign http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/08/05/shadowrun-returns-berlin-campaign-in-late-october/ Free if you backed, paid if you didn't. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Saturnine Tenshi Posted August 5, 2013 Report Share Posted August 5, 2013 Ley lines increase the accuracy of your spells if nothing else. Maybe something in addition to that. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mr. GOH! Posted August 5, 2013 Report Share Posted August 5, 2013 I think the boost the power of the spell, too. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.