-
Posts
3,292 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
320
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Calendar
Everything posted by MetalCaveman
-
HELL YEAH! \m/ \m/
-
So... Apparently this starts this fall, so... Anyone up for some campaign stuff? Before it heads to the vault for who knows how long.
-
EXCELLENT \m/ \m/
-
Darksiders 3 I said I was going to skip this, but it was better to just finish it with Game Pass than trying to buy it. Sad really, I love the other two games (haven't played Genesis) but this one has too much going against it. The Darksiders games have always taken inspiration, and sometimes just outright copy other games, 3 tries to copy the Souls games, in the worst possible way, without paying attention to the details and the balance that makes the Souls games work. The way combat works, with the camera angle issues, enemies attacking you from off-screen, enemies constantly blocking, ranged attacks, enemies that teleport, etc. and the way levelling works meant that I had to tone down the difficulty a fair bit, and even then, there were several instances of frustrating encounters due to the issues I've mentioned. When you die you lose your 'souls' and have to go back and recover them, and trust me, you'll die a bunch, couple that with some extremely long loading times and it increases the frustration a fair bit. Levelling up anything other than arcane feels like a waste of points, as most boss fights sort of just devolve into bait attack-dodge-arcane counter-rinse-repeat. Any attempt at a proper fight usually ends with you dying. Points into health can be useful depending on which difficulty you play in, strength feels kinda useless as most of the damage output increases come from upgrading weapons. The worse part for me was this area that has a constant environmental hazard that insta-kills you if it gets too close, I died so many times there I thought about dropping the game entirely. Another problem I had, though I admit this it 100% me being dumb, is the puzzles, too many times I had to look up guides because I couldn't figure out how to solve a certain section. Speaking of guides, I missed the true ending because there's a boss that, for how much it gets mentioned in the story by a main character, and how it gets mentioned, I was sure it would be the final boss, or close to it, turns out it's an entirely missable fight that's hidden in the most annoying area of the game. I looked it up and found that there's some interesting stuff in the true ending, but not enough for it to be worth another playthrough. With some more polish, a more consistent combat system, manual saves, and a map this game would have been pretty cool. The Hollows system is cool though, I liked that part. In terms of story, for the most part, you've seen the important stuff if you're played the other games. All in all, the weakest in the series for me. I would only recommend it if you're a hardcore Darksiders fan and want to play every game, and even then, only if it was on sale, or through game pass.
-
-
So weird that John Dolmayan is a Trump supporter.
-
Boss Katana 50 MK2. A HUGE upgrade over my Squier SP10 that's starting to go.
-
Games You've Bought Episode MMXX: Revenge of the Backlog
MetalCaveman replied to MetalCaveman's topic in General Gaming Chat
I've been meaning to get these two for a while, was about to buy them at the last Greenman Gaming sale, but turns out they're way cheaper on Steam, glad I waited. Plus the tier 2 Idea Factory bundle at Fanatical: https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/idea-factory-bundle Includes: Fairy Fencer F Fairy Fencer F Dark Force Hyperdevotion Noire Neptunia VII Deluxe Moero Chronicle Monster Monpiece For $5. \m/ \m/ -
Thing is, that'd require caring about that kind of stuff, and being willing to accept delays, something this administration isn't willing/capable of. Tlatelolco 2.0 here we come... I hope not.
-
Man I sure picked a good time to catch up on the stuff that's going on here (had to take some time off or my head would go boom). Science and culture institutes are being defunded by up to 75%, science institutes and researchers have reported receiving letters "kindly requesting" them to "donate" their grants and other funds to support government projects. The National Commission of Protected Natural Habitats has been defunded by 75% as well *puts tinfoil hat on* curiously, this happened after the remains of several mammoths were found in the area where the president's airport is meant to go. *takes tinfoil hat off* In Guanajuato, 100 people killed in 7 days and counting. Even though we're still not out of it, not even close, they're starting to reopen the country, meanwhile, doctors keep being attacked, with many of them reporting that authorities did nothing to help them as "they had no real evidence of an attack", 'cause getting a bucket of bleach to the face does not count as an aggression apparently. The Government Secretary said she does not need to use a mask, because she is taking drops made from "citric nano-molecules" that destroy the virus. Her whole team has been "immunised" the same way. The president has said that next year we can vote for his part or vote "for corruption, theft and murder". A construction worker was killed by police officers for not wearing a mask. A senator who had been kidnapped was found... dead. A bit of good news, a judge pushed back the whole "no renewable energy" thing, for now. Back to the usual, there's been some comments made by some MORENA politicians about taking money from pension funds to "support victims of COVID", because we can't spare a single cent from the millions and millions being used for the airport, the refinery or the train. And that's just part of it, there's so much more, but that's the biggest stuff going on.
-
That sounds really cool, so much so that I wonder if they didn't retroactively came up with it, they could have done a much MUCH better job at making it clear.
-
E3 Predictions 2020: No E3 Edition
MetalCaveman replied to TheMightyEthan's topic in General Gaming Chat
Much as I would prefer a new Killzone, I think Horizon: Infinity Evening is more likely. It'll resurface as an PVP only game where teams of hackers go against each other trying to obtain hidden data from some corporation or something, there may or may not be a team trying to prevent them from succeeding.* *Based on what happened with R6 Patriots. -
As a Mexican, I don't trust the army to do the right thing and not fight/kill civilians (2 de Octubre among others), I know in the US it's been a thing, that people are sure they would never do that, I just hope this isn't put to the test.
-
Understandable, EA and Google have also postponed/cancelled stuff.
-
Played some Darksiders 3 with game pass. Man that was not fun, the game has two combat modes, default, which feels Dark Soulsy (attacks have this inertia to them and it takes a while to use healing items) while classic is supposed to play like the old games. My main issue is that dodging feels weird, the timing is all over the place, and worst of all, the whip thingy just isn't fun to use attacks don't feel or look like the carry any weight, hitting enemies requires lock on, which also reduces your field of view quite a bit and with enemies jumping at you from all over the place, it means you'll constantly get hit by attacks coming from your blind spots. Wrath attacks are weak and Havoc form is also useless unless you put points into arcane. Whether you use classic or default doesn't change any of this. To level up this time around you need to visit Vulgrim and feed him souls to get upgrade points, which you then put into health, damage or arcane. You get small bonuses for each stat per point, I don't know how many points there are, but after dumping about 6 of them into strength and not noticing any real difference I hope there are a ton. You can also upgrade your weapons by collecting different items found in the world or from killing enemies, this is what you want to do to increase damage. All in all I'm glad I gave it a chance, but there's too much stuff I didn't enjoy here. Might give it another chance in the future, but for now I'm skipping it.
-
-
Well then, HELL YEAH! I wasn't a fan of the white controller, so if there's an all black option on release that's awesome. \m/ \m/
-
https://open.spotify.com/album/358YHRqslH5vpQET8b6wmb The new Alestorm is as Alestormy as you would expect, in other words, it's awesome! \m/ \m/
-
E3 Predictions 2020: No E3 Edition
MetalCaveman replied to TheMightyEthan's topic in General Gaming Chat
Microsoft Xbos SEX, with 3 models, X, E, and S, X is their flagship, the one that does everything we've seen so far, E is a more budget version, lacks some features but still is a pretty decent system, S is a budget version for smaller markets, has no disc drive and can run simplified versions of X games (no ray tracing, lower resolution, etc.) however, it'll be much cheaper. A Series X Halo Infinite special edition, with a special controller, game comes in digital version. The different editions of Halo Infinite are revealed. AC Valhalla or Cyberpunk are shown, a Gears sequel/spinoff is teased. Sony Full PS5 reveal, including release date, probably late November, early December. Backwards compatibility involves paying to get an upgrade to PS5 versions, won't be full price, but won't be free either. Price reveal too, with a warning that it'll have some production/availability issues at launch increasing its price. Controller will release with a couple of different colours available. Elden Ring gets talked about, no gameplay yet, Bloodborne 2 gets teased. Nintendo Animal Crossing, BotW2, Pokemon DLC stuff, nothing too big. Metroid Prime Trilogy coming to Switch, 4 is still MIA. New StarFox gets announced, will be a party game or something. EA Dragon Age, Mass Effect, some sports stuff, possibly some new Battlefield stuff, DLC or a new game, either way, not coming this year. Ubisoft Valhalla, Watch Dogs Legion. New Splinter Cell gets teased, it'll end up an MMO-lite with tiered loot and a hub where you can see players running around wearing bright green outfits with neon lights integrated. Stealth is optional. Others Before this I would have predicted some kind of announcement from XSEED on Kandagawa Jet Girls, but they recently confirmed it's coming out this summer so... Bayonetta 3 gets a teaser. The Nier remake shows more stuff. -
Gears 5 It's... Gears of War, if you liked the previous ones, you'll like this one, probably. It's for the most part the same game, though there are some new things that I enjoyed. First was the open world stuff, there's two open areas in the game, and while I enjoyed the first one way more, it was cool to see an open world(ish) game not have the map covered in a trillion icons/things to do/collectibles/etc. The side quests were short and to the point, and you didn't have to spend hours listening to NPCs, just go here, do the thing, done. The second thing is Jack, your robot friend that now has a lot more skills, which change the way the game plays quite a bit, my favourites were Stim, which gives you a temporary shield and revives fallen allies, and flash, which blinds enemies until you get the special upgrade, where it freezes enemies and that one is super useful for heavy enemies and bosses. There's also invisibility, shock mines, a shield which deflects bullets, and one that allows you to take control of some enemies. All in all, this was the biggest change and my favourite. Storywise though, it felt a bit weak. A lot of the character moments fell flat for me, specially with certain things Even that thing at the end: It also sets up All in all it was enjoyable, though I'm certainly glad I played it through game pass, had I spent money buying it I may not be as happy with it.
-
One of the 60,000,000 bands Gene Hoglan has played with.
-
Games You've Bought Episode MMXX: Revenge of the Backlog
MetalCaveman replied to MetalCaveman's topic in General Gaming Chat
The trailer for Infinite looked cool, and I had some trading card money, plus, you get Infinite for free if you own this one already. -
Sunset Overdrive The weapons are fun, the combination with the movement stuff and some of the upgrades and skills you can get make combat an enjoyable thing, that was the best part for me, grinding on a rail while lightning zaps your enemies and you're firing hair spray cans at them is pretty cool. Unfortunately, there's way too many annoying characters, way too many "defend this place" missions and the meta humour got boring after a while.
-
This time I tried to draw Rachnera, also from Monster Musume. Ended up being a bit messy as I kinda rushed some parts, but oh well, I'll take my time next time.
