Jump to content

Mal

Donator
  • Posts

    6,969
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    253

Everything posted by Mal

  1. Ys Seven About time I've done it. I'm actually not sure what held me up on the PSP but on PC it was simple enough. Part of me think I was playing on Hard mode on the PSP (I played on Normal on this run). I had plenty of healing items this time around but if I was on Hard mode I might be back to where I was on the PSP. Though the only tough/annoying parts of the four part boss fight was the first and second stage. The second stage was just annoying because you cannot damage the boss directly until you take out some other bits. The other bits were easy enough to move around since this time I have a 360 gamepad, not a PSP. Overall I rate this just below Origin and Oath. With regards to other Falcom games... gameplay is better than Zwei II but Zwei II blows Ys Seven out of the water when comes to characters and setting. The gameplay in Zwei II is almost for sure a prototype/offshoot of what came in Ys Seven. Ys Seven is just more refined and balanced.
  2. I recall that I used sacrificial troops to draw fire and yes, I lost someone during this mission. Only time I did. I'm sorry unknown soldier. The years have stripped your name from my mind but I still remember you. No. People have to suffer through the horror of war and being a commander. I'm so sorry. I think I'm going to do a replay VC1 with a fan rebalance patch. I think I'll know the true horror of war with that because scout rushing was so overpowered. Then I'll probably play VC3 with the fan translation and emulator. Not sure if I want to play VC2. I kind of had my fill of school life with Cold Steel 1. edit: @MetalCaveman That sniper got to be Marina.
  3. Umm... maybe I have my timeline wrong but isn't VC4 after VC1? What happened in VC1 is part of the reason why the offensive happened. So, I think what they are is just tacked on characters in ways similar to Vyse and Aika who are from Skies of Arcadia. To me Vyse and Aika are fine but when ti comes to character from the same universe, it just gets weird. Last game where this happened and which I disliked was in the Neptunia games. DLC though so I guess I can ignore. Edit: DLC is missing Marina.
  4. This game takes place after VC1 but before VC2. So you are fine.
  5. The Xbox One version seems to be for the West only. The Japanese release date doesn't mention it. But yeah, no PC announcement is just bizarre but as I said in the other thread, I have a Switch so I got this game covered. I probably will give this game a year before I get it just to see if a PC version is anywhere in sight. The Canvas engine is just so damn pretty when you get rid of any aliasing by downsampling. I'd argue it makes VC one of the best anime-styled games* out there. So I want it on PC. * Barring the per-rendered cut scenes. Pre-rendered should go away. Edit: The only mention of PC is in this press release: https://sega.jp/topics/171113_soft_2/ It's in the category it is place under in. It makes me believe just a bit... just like with this announcement.
  6. So far most of everything looks fine to good. The only bullshit thing is the PS4 time exclusive Japan. PS4 release is March 21st 2018 in Japan, Switch is some time later.
  7. Valkyria Chronicles 4 PS4, Xbone and Switch. Have they done it? Have they recaptured the magic of VC1? I think it is pretty close... And PC sometime later maybe? I have a Switch so I'm not totally left out.
  8. The OST leaked out from somewhere. Well, no complaints for the battle theme. Though it sounds more like a special battle theme with theme of power of friendship.
  9. At some point in my music journey, I got to go to the inspirations for the artists I listen to.
  10. Weird... maybe wonderful. I'm just kind of speechless.
  11. December 1st. The Switch was off to a slow start, you can argue it is still slow, but it is picking up steam.
  12. Earth Defense Force 4.1 on sale for $30 at Humble Bundle. It's not an amazing price but if any of you decide to jump on it, I am very willing to play with you guys.
  13. That's what kind of gets me. EA has exclusivity for about a decade. Thanks Disney.
  14. Valkyria Project news on the 20th. I can dream right? I can hope for a proper follow up to Valkyria Chronicles 1, right?

     

    I'll die on the inside if it is a mobile game.

    1. Show previous comments  6 more
    2. Mal

      Mal

      Actually, on further inspection, it's probably a submarine in the Arctic.

    3. Mal

      Mal

      https://sega.jp/topics/171113_soft_2/

       

      PC and console.

      PC and console.

       

      THIS IS NOT A DRILL. VALKYRIA D-DAY IS IN ONE HOUR.

    4. toxicitizen

      toxicitizen

      Valkyria Chronicles 4!!!

       

      No mention of PC, though. Only PS4, Switch and fucking Xbox. Because of fucking course.

  15. Say... what is the deal with Falcom and nuns? And yes, it is extremely dangerous to follow Falcom on Twitter.
  16. They do make more sense if you consider they came from the Moon. Why are there a group of evil wedding planner rabbits on the Moon? The hell like I know.
  17. It It has been a while and I suspect that I will be on this one for a while since it's on nightmare and there are three characters.
  18. George Takei comes out as a straight.

  19. Everything seemed like a draft with little to no editorial work done. This is a problem from the translator(s) and up to the highest heads at NISA. The translator(s) for a shit job (e.g., big hole) and on up higher at NISA for allowing such garbage to pass as a product. Ys 8 was probably pushed out due to NISA's contractual obligations and due to Falcom's fiscal year ending sometime within the last couple weeks*. A delay would've meant pushing Ys 8 to the next fiscal year so NISA pushed it out to salvage the situation. Cue the backlash that includes media outlets and fan (you might've noticed that us Falcom fans are dedicated and pretty vocal...) interactions via letters and social media that eventually made its way back to Falcom. Now here we are... * Falcom released their report like a day or two ago. Their shareholder meeting is next month which should be interesting...
  20. Xanadu Next replay is done. I have a more favorable impression of the game now than when I played it how many years ago with the fan translation. It's a fantastic game with good progression. The bonus dungeon in this game only shows up just before the final boss and you kind of just run into it if you backtrack. You also got to do some prep work before you can go inside. I personally can't finish the bonus dungeon because it crashes on me... so I went to fight the last boss. While I was buffed up for the bonus dungeon, I wasn't totally overpowered for the boss so that was nice. I actually died once (I revived with an elixir) and I was in danger of running out of healing items! It was mostly due to trying to figure the boss out. Sure, I damaged him hard but I still need to get to the open weak spot which was a bit tricky. On to either Ys Seven or Gurumin. Edit: Seems like NISA worked through the entire Ys 8 script. I wonder how's the PC port...
  21. No but it makes it worst. The mindlessness of the extra dungeon just bleeds out since you're just way too decked out. It is also kind of pointless to be that decked out on the first playthrough when you can get extra items in NG+ (a lot of things doesn't get carried over).
  22. Looking it up, the turn around time from CS1 to CS2 was about a year as well. FC to SC is actually longer at about two years and about a year from SC to 3rd. The longest breaks were waiting for Zero and for CS3 at about 3 years each. Taking this all in probably means one thing: the Calvard game is a 2021 JPN game with an ENG release at probably 2023. Takeaway: I should learn Japanese. That or maybe Falcom should let XSEED have the script ahead of time. On a completely unrelated note: I loaded up Xanadu Next and got sucked right in. Sure it's a gloomy game but the combat is rewarding. After late-game Zwei II, I've forgotten how rewarding combat feels like and man does it feels good. @FLD, regarding your first Zwei II run, I suggest the following (copy-pasted from my Steam review/suggestion): I'm very serious about this suggestion because it is one that I wished I had going in.
×
×
  • Create New...