Jump to content

Mal

Donator
  • Posts

    6,969
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    253

Everything posted by Mal

  1. Looking into to it, besides the indie titles (which shouldn't be discounted)... there's should be Fire Emblem, Kirby, Yoshi, Mario Tennis and Project Octopath Traveler (Switch only so I'm including it). Next year is probably going to be Pokemon and Metroid Prime 4. Then of course there's Mario Kart (not 8) and Smash to look forward to. I wouldn't be surprised if there be another Zelda game either by say 2020 or so that might go together with a hardware upgrade. Maybe we will get more games on the list by E3 or something. I would be really jazzed if a new Rune Factory or something like that comes out.
  2. The thing with Hairworks is that, with fan-made utilities, you can run the benchmark with or without Hairworks. No diddling with Ansel. You turn off Hairworks, you get your increase. The Ansel bit was trying to find what had Hairworks. The only things that seems to have it was those cows thing and maybe grass but grass have their own thing (Tuffworks) which isn't has hard hitting as Hairworks. If my eye wasn't being a POS I would try it out to see if the dip when you enter the canyon is still there with Hairworks off.
  3. How good is a game that it keeps you playing even if your hands are cramping up from the controller? Rune Factory 4 that's what. Not sure if I like this more than Stardew Valley. The town is way better but progression leaves something to be desired.
  4. https://gurennoheyakara.blogspot.com.br/p/games.html Azure translation is at 100%. Release should be soon-ish. As for edits, whenever the folks editing Zero get done with that they'll move onto Azure. So at this point we got (rough) translation for Zero and Azure. Translated and edited Zero maybe mid year? Azure late 2019? TEN MORE DAYS TILL CS II.
  5. While no means a bad looking game, seems like the benchmark is a bit misleading especially if you are running AMD cards. Main issue is Nvidia's Hairworks and those cow-like creatures. With just High, Standard and Low settings, it is pretty hard to determine what is the deal with those numbers that the benchmark spits out. With some fan-made utilities and Nvidia Ansel, people are figuring it out. A big part of the performance hit is the Hairworks which seems to be only on those cow creatures. They are rendered at ALL times even if you are quite a bit away from the cows. It's no surprise that AMD struggles with Nvidia's GameWorks tech. It becomes an issue when a benchmark is released with nebulous settings. And with a such a performance hit rendered at all times. https://www.gamersnexus.net/game-bench/3224-ffxv-disingenuous-misleading-benchmark-tool-gameworks-tests Article if you prefer.
  6. Got to wait eight months. We can all learn Monster Hunter together.
  7. Modern politics, anywhere.
  8. I have that song stuck in my head since last week. Send help. And if you haven't noticed, they change VAs every episode. The male and female VA version also have slight variations. Good luck spotting them all.
  9. http://benchmark.finalfantasyxv.com/en/ If ya'll care for a FFXV benchmark.
  10. PC version in eight months. Such a long wait, its almost not fair. It's kind of funny how a lot of long time fans of the series were ambivalent or even outright hostile to MHW before release. It's destroying the charts right now.
  11. Mal

    3DS

    Yeah, it's pretty much the 2DS XL. Seriously, I get lost in this brand line. I guess it'll be what Gerbil said, a slow death for the 3DS/2DS line.
  12. Previous purchase has been delayed due to the last copy of the book the seller had was damaged on the spine. It had a 15% discount but I didn't bite. Due to their good customer service (for letting me know instead of dumping a bad copy onto me), I asked for the missing products. They'll be receiving a shipment of all artbooks in a few weeks and I'll be a owner of those three books. Yes, be mines as well. In the mean time though, I preordered the following which should ship next month. From what I gather, this is a collection of Range Murata's work. Like sure he can be lewd but this guy's work is spot on. I have love his stuff for forever. I just could never collect most of his stuff... til now ($$$). Sooner or later I'll be doing artbooks of photographs, classic art and other things. It's all too coffee table book like...
  13. Is it a sin to never have played a Metroid or Castlevania yet love metroidvanias?
  14. Same song but Utsu-P formed a band that made a longer version of the first version and have an actual vocalist. It'll be quite the day when he finds the right female vocalist.
  15. Mal

    3DS

    I think the 3DS should be retired but with such a large install base, I can see why they are keeping it. I do think they should do a hardware refresh though to get rid of 3D and for a better screen. I would use my 3DS more if there weren't jaggies. But again, install base. Abandon the 3DS. Having what amounts to two portable consoles is odd.
  16. I know it has been said that American politics now is a lot like sports. Well, tonight there was a "USA USA USA" chant near the end of the SOTU address. Burn it all down.
  17. It's just how it all came together years ago but some of them are kind of self-explanatory. Good movie, ok movie and bad movie. I like to think it as a way to immediately call out shit tastes (e.g., why the hell are you putting this movie in this thread!?). While similar enough, they have enough differences and are each large enough to separate out. You can see similar things going on in other sites. As for webcomics, take a look at it and figure out where it best goes. Chances are Japanese webcomics may follow more of a manga feel while Western webcomics may follow a more comic feel. Personally, I got to figure out a space for manhwa and manhua since I'm slowly getting into them. Chances are it will go into this thread since they may follow a more traditional comic feel. And yes, you can easily find comics and manga that break their cultural mold. Nice bait but yeah, we are slow. Consider this place a hole in the wall bar for a small group of locals to shoot the shits.
  18. Junji Ito's works is horror (existential horror?) but they are in many ways absurd (e.g., lmao wtf is this shit?). For example, Gyo and its sea life with robotic legs powered with farts. How about a person supporting a house with his body? A fault scarp with human shaped holes? And of course you got Uzumaki and its spirals. All of them are pretty out there and I do find myself laughing. Not to say that I don't get creep out. The way Junji Ito draws and pace his frames and pages is great.
  19. Heard that this is another really good metroidvania. Just under bunny girls aesthetics.
  20. SE is probably going to fuck up the sequel or whatever when it comes up or it is milked so hard that it dies. BUT ENOUGH OF THAT. I should get this album in my rotation.
×
×
  • Create New...